Flashcart Compatability

Oh man, dang. I wonder if it's too late to cancel? Agh. About the brands Pingouin listed, AK2 looks good, CycloDS is out of my price range, and SuperCardDStwo is slightly out of my price range. If I can cancel, I'll get an AK2.

As a side note, I heard R4's were pretty good. So is that just a knock-off and that's why it's bad?

I also thought it was pretty interesting that everything that has been said that FlashCarts should have (DLDI Auto patch, Moonshell 2.0, etc.) are displayed by the one I ordered. So is that just empty promises, or could it possibly run, just be a piece of crap or something?

I doubt it could, but that would suck if it bricked my DS.

Another update!

Every game that I've played on it, apps that I've played on it, music that I've played, all works fine. And the games have absolutely no lag and run like a normal game. The only problem I've encountered so far is that whenever I run PPSE-DS and choose my .sav file, it says its not a valid save file. I have no idea why.

The interface is also not user-friendly at all.

But, I've figured it out now and everything runs fine. Actually not a waste of money after all!

As a side note, I heard R4's were pretty good. So is that just a knock-off and that's why it's bad?
Most R4 suck.

Just to try and clear this up, the people behind R4 apparently stopped producing new units a long time ago. So any "new" models are supposedly cheap knock-offs. And even the real R4 units are outdated by now.

Either way, I'm glad to see things worked out for you, scorcher9910!