Pokesav - Hatched Pokemon

Poe15

Alright, the only issue I'm having with making hatched Pokemon right now is figuring out the Steps Left part. I sent a couple PKM files from my game to my PC of legit hatched Pokemon so I could look at them in Pokesav. One of them being Poliwag showing 120x256 for Steps Left and the other being Tyrogue showing 136x256 for Steps Left. All of these numbers grey'd out in Pokesav.

I normally use a Pokemon Generator and then edit the Pokemon within Pokesav, everything is coming up as 70x256 for Steps Left. How do you know what's the right amount of steps to put? I know I can look up the base steps for each pokemon. But the game doesn't just used "Hatched in 6,400 steps".

I normally use a Pokemon Generator and then edit the Pokemon within Pokesav, everything is coming up as 70x256 for Steps Left. How do you know what's the right amount of steps to put? I know I can look up the base steps for each pokemon. But the game doesn't just used "Hatched in 6,400 steps".

As the tooltip for "Happiness" says in PokeGen, that value is used for the hatch steps of an egg. You're right in that it's value * 256 though.

No way of figuring out what each Pokemon's value is without hatching a legit one first, huh? It's kind of important having the correct value I would imagine.

Oh well, maybe I'll do one w/ Fast Hatch AR code and just use that for all my Pokemon.

How do you convert that then to be correct in Pokesav or even your program?

For example, Tyrogue hatches in 6,400 basic steps. Taking a legit PKM file from the game where I hatched a Tyrogue by running up and down Goldenrod City, Pokesav shows it as 126x256...lol

How do you convert that then to be correct in Pokesav or even your program?

For example, Tyrogue hatches in 6,400 basic steps. Taking a legit PKM file from the game where I hatched a Tyrogue by running up and down Goldenrod City, Pokesav shows it as 126x256...lol

...what? Do you mean you were looking at a copy of the egg prior to hatching? Looking at the hatched Pokemon's data obviously wouldn't serve any purpose here. 6400 steps... divide by 256 and there's your happiness value.

Ok, here we go. Maybe I'm confusing us.

hatched.gif

Ok, that's a legit Tyrogue PKM file that I bred with a Ditto, got the egg, ran up and down Goldenrod to get it to hatch. No codes, hacks, whatever were used. I then sent that PKM file to my PC to look at it via Pokesav.

Now, it's showing 126 x 256 [steps]

What does this mean?

The Poliwag I bred showed 120 x 256 [steps]

Now I ask because... if you just go to the Pokemon generators to make one from scratch it usually comes out as 70 x 256 for everything. Without using that, and just doing it from scratch in Pokesav. It'd be blank. How do you know exactly what to put there so it's "legal", not to pass legal.exe, but to pass an eye test from people who know what to look for.

Hopefully I cleared this up a little bit.

As the tooltip for "Happiness" says in PokeGen, that value is used for the hatch steps of an egg.

That should resolve your confusion, despite the fact that it was already said.

Edit: Also, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that PokeGen is producing a happiness value of 70 every time.

I haven't been using PokeGen. The generator I'm talking about is "PKMDS Pokemon Generator by CodeMonkey85"

I have yours downloaded, just thought it was a little more confusing than that one. I can make a pokemon in like 10 seconds I have it so down, then just edit whatever in Pokesav.

I haven't been using PokeGen. The generator I'm talking about is "PKMDS Pokemon Generator by CodeMonkey85"

I have yours downloaded, just thought it was a little more confusing than that one. I can make a pokemon in like 10 seconds I have it so down, then just edit whatever in Pokesav.

Poe, the steps left and the happiness share the same data like Codr said. when it is an egg its used for the remaining steps. when it is hatched its used for happiness. if you click the Is Egg check mark you will see that the steps lefts it enabled and the happiness is disabled. also you will noticed that the value for both the steps left and happiness is the same.