What is the best team?

Hey I haven't played Pokemon since the second generation so when I played Platinum on No$GBA I got my a** handed to me because I don't know any of the new pokemon or moves.

So I wanted to ask you guys what would be the best pokemon team? Whether it be 6 pokemon that work amazing together or 6 individual great pokemon, post them and what move sets they should have.

No one is going to make a team for you. I can tell you how great my team of whatever is, but you'll do horrible with it unless you play exactly like I play.

And when one Pokemon or one type of team gets too good, counters and strategies that assist in taking that Pokemon or team down start being used, thus restoring balance. It's a constant shift.

Apparently (and I don't mean to sound harsh), you skipped the entire 3rd gen. 3rd gen where IVs and EVs were overhauled, abilities, and natures were introduced. And 4th gen where the physical/special split occured.

You need to do some reading. There are articles on these forums (usually in sticky threads) but you need to help yourself to information first. Then come back and ask specific questions.

Welcome to PP. I hope you stick around for a while.

There is technically no "Best Team" but some of the strongest of teams tend to be Semi-Stall. It's like a mixture of stall and offense. Usually using Toxic Spikes and or Spikes to support sweepers or a steady booster to sprout some major problems for your opponent.