Platinum Heatran in HGSS Compact

KhaosNite

Hi there. First post here

I've been trying to create a legal looking Platinum Heatran for my SoulSilver, but I can't seem to figure it out. My ID/SID is correct, the location appears to be correct, but I cant seem to find the fault where the legality checker says hacked pokemon. Can someone take a look, and tell me what I did wrong?

EDIT: Just noticed where I went wrong.. I think lol. let me check before you reply...

EDIT2: Replaced with a changed pkmn file. I have no idea what's wrong...

heatran.pkm

heatran.pkm

Hi there. First post here

I've been trying to create a legal looking Platinum Heatran for my SoulSilver, but I can't seem to figure it out. My ID/SID is correct, the location appears to be correct, but I cant seem to find the fault where the legality checker says hacked pokemon. Can someone take a look, and tell me what I did wrong?

EDIT: Just noticed where I went wrong.. I think lol. let me check before you reply...

EDIT2: Replaced with a changed pkmn file. I have no idea what's wrong...

your PID was non-existant according to ivpid.exe. i made it naughty instead so the ivs/pid/nature would match. it's fine now. i also fixed your trash bytes, btw. you should read some of the guides here, like this one:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?218-~Guide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-Values~

you should also read up on how iv values and natures correlate with the pid if you want to make something legal.

e: why do i have zero posts even after making this one?

e2: you can change its nature to something else using the pid/iv feature in pokesav if you want something else. just keep plugging in different iv combos until you get a nature you like.

one more edit: read this too:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?825-Pokmon-Legality-Guide

heatran2.pkm

heatran2.pkm

i made it naughty instead so the ivs/pid/nature would match.

If you use the proper program, you can find a PID without changing anything. *points at signature*

i also fixed your trash bytes, btw.

You didn't change any of the unused bytes. In fact, the trainer name unused bytes are still set differently than how the games set them. Again, this is easily visible and fixable in PokeGen.

e: why do i have zero posts even after making this one?

lmao

e2: you can change its nature to something else using the pid/iv feature in pokesav if you want something else. just keep plugging in different iv combos until you get a nature you like.

This is antiquated!

So in summary: Pokesav makes things pointlessly difficult, there's no reason to use it for Pokemon editing.