Build me an OU team from the ground up

Hi Project Pokemon community,

I'm new to this site, but I've been looking into competitive battling for a while now and have decided to finally take the plunge and see how I do. :)

Anyway, currently I don't have any competitive battling team set up, so I'm working with a completely clean slate. I am looking for opinions on what you think would make a good, balanced (i.e. not all sweepers) OU team for WiFi battling.

If possible, avoid suggestions which involve egg moves, as I am terrible at the breeding process. I can EV train, of course, so that is a non-issue.

So, can you help? Feel free to post single suggestions or entire teams.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my pride and joy is my Gyrados, which has the Jolly nature and 28/31/29/31/31/31 IV's. If it's possible to form a team around this guy, that'd be great.

Much appreciated. :biggrin:

Building a team around Gyarados is a great way to begin competitive playing.

Yours can either be used as a offensive or Flail Dragon Dancer.

The Flail set is somewhat of a gimmik, surprising, very effective but difficult to set up, especially with Tyranitar's Sandstorm hazard.Flail with Substitute and Liechi Berry has a lot of power, meaning that perhaps even 80% of things are 1HKO'd after Dragon Dance, Liechi Berry and 4% or less HP (Maximun power of 200 for Flail if I remember correctly)

Anyways, Gyarados could work well with Choice Scarf Tyranitar for Latias and Rotom. Gyarados also counters most of Tyranitars counters.

You could use it with Life Orb Jolteon, which is still effective even though predictable sometimes.

It also can be used with Skamory or Forretress. They can set up Spikes which results in Gyarados becomming a very effective Dragon Dance sweeper.

Hm... Basically there is a lot of things that can be used with Gyarados. I could help you build a team whenever your on via MSN.

>__< I'm busy nowadays I'll be glad to help.