Disgaea Series of games

Bassman

I have been a huge fan of these games since I bought the original as a US import for the PS2. I even bought the Japanese version of the second game just so that I could play it "early". I usually have to buy the American releases due to a reluctance of UK versions appearing.

I put in ridiculous hours on the first game (over 800 hours) between the PS2 version, PSP version and DS version and have completed the story on PS2 and PSP.

I completed the story on the Japanese version of the second game and only competed the English language story on the PSP (I do have the US PS2 version as well) when it was released on that.

The third game arrived on PS3 and I got to the stage where I could gain ridiculous numbers of levels in a very short time. The maximum character level is 9999 but you can redo the character from Lv 1 with enhanced stats. I maxxed out a mage with the maximum number of stored levels (over 170,000... hence the enhanced stats).

Strangely the DS version of the game was the most "complete". You gained the ability to have Pleinair as a playable character and also gained the Prinny Commentary. I think you lost out on some of the voice acting though.

That is what I like about the games... the humour.

Yeah the dialogue is awesome especially Laharl's boob jokes, every time he makes those remarks i usually try and take a screenshot. Oh and the Prinnies are the most hilarious characters they're nearly as awesome as Patrick Star. and i love their way of saying "Dood" i got a play of "Prinny can i really be the hero?" Me and my friends always pronounce and spell "Dude" as "Dood" Reading this thread makes me wanna play the game again. Excuse me.

The nice thing about Disgaea is that you can go back to it and play for a few minutes or a few (???) hours. The story can be taken in small or large chunks.

I think my favourite character has to be Etna. There is some superb interaction between her and the other characters.

I think I may be returning to the DS version before too long. I really ought to see about getting some high level characters in that version.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I downloaded Disgaea Infintie the Visual Novel Game on my PSP the other week. It comew with the usual Disgaea humour. Apparently 14 different endings. So far I have seen the Prinny one and Laharl one.

Been putting a fair amount of time into Disgaea DS (at last). For some reason Etna seems to have some ridiculously high stats.