how do I activate codes on my action replay dsi?

Hi I just got my action replay dsi yesterday and I downloaded it successfully on my pc and i already had codes for it and they are already on my action replay but what does it mean to put a combination? Ex.(L+R)?

Do i activate them on the home screen of da action replay or do i do it in-game?

Because i clicked on the box where it says to activate codes and i did put " boot game with codes" but nothing happened

I used the "complete pokedex" code but my pokedex didnt get complete

Hi I just got my action replay dsi yesterday and I downloaded it successfully on my pc and i already had codes for it and they are already on my action replay but what does it mean to put a combination? Ex.(L+R)?

Do i activate them on the home screen of da action replay or do i do it in-game?

Because i clicked on the box where it says to activate codes and i did put " boot game with codes" but nothing happened

I used the "complete pokedex" code but my pokedex didnt get complete

It is very self explanatory, if it asks for L + R, then that means you press L + R. Also, you use the codes when you play the game hence the "Boot game with codes" message.

Have also heard of something called a Manual? It should have come with it and can solve any future questions you may ask.