Error in Legality Checker I Think...

GentaiShinigami

Uggh, I read around and tried to find more info, and all I can come up with is that the mystery gift trash bytes never vary by region. I didn't think to cross reference my normal poke on NA games until now which I can see that 00's is normal for non-mystery gifted pokemon which invalidates me using my starter on the JP copy to check JP trash bytes (for mystery gifted poke). >_< If I can ever download a JP mystery gift poke straight from Nintendo that would help a lot in determining things for myself, but this is a hard thing to do currently. I'm a bit uneasy about using mystery card files off the net to do testing as I can't be 100% sure they aren't sav'd and someone didn't change trash bytes or something like that. Not to say that they are saved I'm just saying I can't verify with 100% certainty for myself unless it comes directly from Nintendo.

That said, could anyone elaborate on what was being said in another thread in the Legality Checker forum where someone says "It could have Japanese trash bytes (00's instead of FF's)"? I'm so confused on all of this.

Apologies for a useless topic, and feel free to delete it. Thanks for your time.

A recap of what was edited out basically: Is it possible that JP Mystery Gift Pokemon received on JP copies of the games can have 00's for trash bytes rather than FF's, and if this is the case then Legality Checker's readme.txt needs a quick line added. I mean no disrespect to all the hard work you guys do, and am just trying to verify something that I've heard some conflicting info on. It's very hard to find much info on trash bytes much less Japanese ones.

Edited by GentaiShinigami
Found new info, and realized a mistake