Stat Calculating Question

I think I might have a slight problem with the stat calculator I normally use, as it seems to be returning a couple of answers which are self-contradictory. That being the case, I figured I would ask for some confirmation here.

Take an Eevee (Base Special Attack 45)

Special Attack IV: 30

Special Attack EV: 0

Level: 1

What will the Special Attack stat of this Eevee be?

Ok, 6 was the answer I got from my stat checker, but which I was sure could not be correct. The Eevee I received from Bill was a Mild Eevee with 12 SpAtk. This indicates a SpAtk IV of 30 or 31. I bred this Eevee in HeartGold while it had the Power Lens equipped, which, according to current information, is supposed to pass down the SpAtk IV. The resulting Eevee, however, wound up with a Modest Nature, and only 5 SpAtk. Which means the Power Lens is not properly passing down the IV as it is supposed to, and breeding in HG/SS is going to be just as hard as it was in D/P/Pt.

Ok, 6 was the answer I got from my stat checker, but which I was sure could not be correct. The Eevee I received from Bill was a Mild Eevee with 12 SpAtk. This indicates a SpAtk IV of 30 or 31. I bred this Eevee in HeartGold while it had the Power Lens equipped, which, according to current information, is supposed to pass down the SpAtk IV. The resulting Eevee, however, wound up with a Modest Nature, and only 5 SpAtk. Which means the Power Lens is not properly passing down the IV as it is supposed to, and breeding in HG/SS is going to be just as hard as it was in D/P/Pt.

You didn't read the part about the Power Lens passing down the stat 50% of the time.

• 4 weeks later...