I want to hack! Please, tell me how!

ryu15

Hi. I wanted to make a hack of Pokemon SoulSilver. My progress already is: breaking the rom apart. Yep, without any help :creep: But I don't know what to do next. So I have some questions to anybody, who is already accustomed with data location in HG/SS roms. So:

-What to modify, to change player's and rival's sprites?

-And scripts (text in game)?

-And events (e.g. start point)?

-How can I do it?

-Are there already some working tools that can be used for this particular game?

Edited by ryu15

1. a lot of the most useful tools are in the sticky thread in this forum.

2. scripts, events and sprites are the 3 most common things for people to edit, i'm sure there are several tutorials on the internet. try searching the Pokemon Community forums, or just googling, and come back with more specific questions. I asked several general questions myself, but i've come to realize that the majority of the hacking community doesn't enjoy doing all the leg work for newbies... so do what i'm doing and learn a bit first before asking a bunch of questions.

3. if you did all that and still have issues, Alpha & SCV are two people that know their stuff

Thanks for advice!

What I want, is to make alternative version of events in SoulSilver.

I think that all sprites I'll need to edit are Main character and Rival.

My main question is: Can I actually use existing tools to do it?

Let me state this - I don't want other people to do work for me. I want to know as much as possible, so thanks for any help, links, guides and info.