Action replay help..

Pwnstar

So I bought my action replay {For DS} back when pokemon pearl came out, and I remember always having the "Waiting for DS" problem where the code manager just refuse to recognize that my AR is plugged in. I some how got it to work but that was also with my old computer. I haven't used an AR for a long time simply because after pearl, I always used my R4.

Now Soul Silver came back and I bought the rom. As usual I tried the process, and once again it does NOT detect my AR in code manager. I followed every guide I can find on google, made sure my AR screen is at the "Updating" screen {And it's stuck there; Nothing works}. I installed/uninstalled everything a few times. I went to codejunkies website and updated everything, tried everything they suggested, with no luck. Then I realized something and I don't know if this affects it. My AR has v1.23 but my code manager is v1.52. I am running outta ideas :/ It just refuse to detect...

Then I have no idea on how it shouldn't work.

Maybe the part where the Action Replay is plugged in has gone bad or something. I haven't experienced this problem with my friend's Action Replay not even once. Sorry but I don't know anything else that I can do to help you. All I can possibly think of is to maybe restart the computer with the Action Replay turned on to the update screen already plugged in.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem. the solution:

when it hooks up and the new software thing comes up, instead of the computer finding the software for you. Manually connect the ar to the link. It will load and will have an error. Continue it anyways. It will finish up then exit out then the ar will work.