Safe to add BDSP Ribbons without entering game?

Tanzer

I'm making some ribbon masters, creating and editing legal pokemon between gens 3-7, and transferring them into Home via Bank to get their HOME ID.

From there, I bring them into SV so that I can give them height, weight, and scale values, as well as Paldean ribbons and legally obtainable title marks.

I've also taken some pokemon caught in SV, transferred them to Home and back so that they'd have a HOME ID.

So....

Obviously adding BDSP ribbons before getting a HOME ID on these pokemon would make them very illegitimate.

But if after getting the HOME ID, I use a sysbot to trade away the pokemon to receive an editable PK9 that I add all the BDSP ribbons onto before trading back to myself, will I have issues with the Pokemon even though they've never actually been to those games?

I know ribbons are immutable and cannot be removed, and supposedly pokemon get some amount of data for entering a game, but I'm not sure how that's stored or if I've just created hell for myself.

Any input or experience in this would be appreciated!

Edited by Tanzer

Safe? No. PKHeX can't verify the authenticity of an arbitrary HOME tracker, nor can it fetch HOME's tracker side-data to see which games it has visited. But, anyone who has your PKM file can try uploading into HOME and then dump HOME's side-game data from RAM to confirm it never visited. 

If you are looking to modify data that is only available in specific formats, then it must be transferred there first, obtained (legitimate or not), then transferred back to your desired format, otherwise it won't have the server data it should have. 

If you transferred it to BDSP then back, then added the BDSP ribbon, then the server would be able to confirm from its logs that the ribbon was never obtained during a valid visit, and was thus hacked. Have they actioned this? No. Could they? Sure. By definition, not safe.