Is the second document legal?

Dybala

The nature selection you made isn't a filter for the results, it is a specification used by the game when generating results. If the nature is random, then the game uses the RNG to get a random nature, otherwise it doesn't use the RNG.

Look at the Height and Weight. Notice how they're not the same between your two screenshots. One consumes an extra RNG call, which shifts the later calculated values like Height and Weight to result in different random values.

If you use the encounter database with criteria specified in the editor tabs, then you should be able to get something close enough to use bottle caps on. No need for other external tools.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2024 at 6:42 AM, Kaphotics said:

The nature selection you made isn't a filter for the results, it is a specification used by the game when generating results. If the nature is random, then the game uses the RNG to get a random nature, otherwise it doesn't use the RNG.

Look at the Height and Weight. Notice how they're not the same between your two screenshots. One consumes an extra RNG call, which shifts the later calculated values like Height and Weight to result in different random values.

If you use the encounter database with criteria specified in the editor tabs, then you should be able to get something close enough to use bottle caps on. No need for other external tools.

pkhex for the ‘shiny’ raid generation legitimacy check, only check if psv is equal to tsv and if xor=1?

0800 - Necrozma - E2D64881453E.pk8  This is the original file.

0800 - Necrozma - 66C54881453E.pk8   Here's my modified ‘illegal’ file.

0800 ★ - Necrozma - DD144881453E.pk8  This is what I got by pressing ‘ctrl’ and ‘alt’ on the ‘illegal’ file.  ‘pkhex’ says “legal”, but I'm confused.

13 minutes ago, Dybala said:

pkhex 用于 'shiny' raid 生成合法性检查,仅检查 psv 是否等于 tsv 以及 xor=1 是否?

0800 - 奈克洛兹玛 - E2D64881453E.pk8  这是原始文件。

0800 - 奈克洛兹玛 - 66C54881453E.pk8   这是我修改后的“非法”文件。

0800★ - 奈克洛兹玛 - DD144881453E.pk8  这是我在“非法”文件上按下“ctrl”和“alt”得到的结果。“pkhex”表示“合法”,但我很困惑。

https://github.com/Admiral-Fish/RNGWriteups/blob/master/Gen 8/Raid Generation.md

I remember reading this a few years ago, but I'm even more confused about it than I was a few years ago

5 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

There isn't an efficient algorithm to check for the origin seed of xoroshiro shinies.

May I venture to ask why?In my previous reading of the following articles I guessed that  Standard den RNG chained calls if not shiny.

if shiny, it does a unconnected reroll of the PID. 

What I'm a bit confused about is that in ‘https://github.com/Admiral-Fish/RNGWriteups/blob/master/Gen 8/Raid Generation.md ’ it mentions something about ‘EC’, “pid”, “shiny” and so on in order?
So at the end when doing the rolled to be forced shiny, is the pid directly (just) randomised to ‘xor=1/ psv=real tsv’ and forced to be shiny, or is there some kind of formula?
(i.e. does the correlation of pid to ‘IV’ etc. not factor in?)

So what is this article about the ‘shiny’ step for? To make sure that Pokémon are forced not to be shiny during battle?

https://github.com/Admiral-Fish/RNGWriteups/blob/master/Gen 8/Raid Generation.md     

Rolling the RNG forward with a known seed is instantaneous; determining a seed from resulting values is not. Since a shiny xoroshiro result does not have the original PID, there is a much larger space of possible seeds to brute force and check if they can result in all the values of the entity.

A non shiny has 32bit EC, and a 32bit PID.  A shiny only has the EC and 16bits of the original PID. So to check it, you have to try to guess (2^16) different original PIDs, which is 65535 times slower than an instant check. Such a computational requirement results in a not-instant result, which is infeasible for real-time legality checks.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Rolling the RNG forward with a known seed is instantaneous; determining a seed from resulting values is not. Since a shiny xoroshiro result does not have the original PID, there is a much larger space of possible seeds to brute force and check if they can result in all the values of the entity.

A non shiny has 32bit EC, and a 32bit PID.  A shiny only has the EC and 16bits of the original PID. So to check it, you have to try to guess (2^16) different original PIDs, which is 65535 times slower than an instant check. Such a computational requirement results in a not-instant result, which is infeasible for real-time legality checks.

I'm sorry I'm asking more, but what if I test him to see if he's legal or not?
Or do I just have to import to pkhex and then CTRL him when calculating the data of the non-shiny Pokémon?:$