Persisting PID when trying to shiny

hrsh

I have my TID/SID for a heartgold save and using pokefinder I found the PID for a shiny starter
image.thumb.png.a1362903cbff09cbed6842a852e3a82d.png

However, when I try to create this pokemon on my existing savefile I can never make it shiny on Pkhex because it re-rolls PID whenever I click the shiny button. When I manually type in the PID and set the new pokemon it is no longer shiny. How, can I make it legal and shiny given that this is the only PID that exists

Edited by hrsh
grammar

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

PID determines shininess. If you make it shiny when it was originally not, then the PID must change.

Be sure to enter in your trainer IDs as well as the PID.

I already picked the starter in the game so the pokemon has the correct TID/SID.
Say the PID of the non-shiny is ABCDEFGH, which is valid because I picked the pokemon in-game. On Pkhex when I edit the PID to CB4ACB05, it becomes valid for the non-shiny starter. But, when I click on the shiny button it re-rolls and becomes invalid. However, according to pokefinder that PID should be shiny.

Edited by hrsh
clarification

On Pokefinder, I entered my TID/SID and the correct seed
image.thumb.png.ed21e53c8d1c629e7590fcbc89bd6de1.png

I can verify on TID/SID on save line up with what I entered as on the profile in pokefinder

39711  or  39771    haha

1 hour ago, hrsh said:

嘿,我正在使用最新版本的 pkhex,但当我将 PID 设为我想要的 PID 时,似乎仍然无法让闪亮的光泽保持下去。当我输入 PID 并检查口袋妖怪是否有效时,它会失去光泽,如果我只设置口袋妖怪,它也会失去光泽。

屏幕录制 2024-08-27 下午 2.45.27.mov

You entered ‘tid’ as 39771, but you used 39711 in ‘pokefinder’.

image.thumb.png.cdbb4fc00aedc9e4a70a83cb9051bdbd.png

• Like 1