Transferring from generation I/II to generation III... Emulation?

This is my first ever post in desperation. I was always trying to figure out a way to bridge the generation two - three connection. transferring Pokémon between the two generations. In my search, three methods were found. Goppier's Method, which was creating a circuit board with all the necessary components allowing a trade between gen II/III with limitations, a Gameboy Save Editor such as PKX Delta to copy and paste a gen I/II Pokémon into a gen III game, and finally, Poketransporter GB made by Gears of Process.

Poketransporter GB is the most unique of them all, being a Gameboy Advance Multiboot rom that uses no hardware other than a Gameboy Color link cable. By putting the GBA rom into a flashcard, booting the rom into Multiboot mode, and finally swapping it out with your Gen III game of choice, you can now transfer Gen I/II Pokémon via a Gameboy color link cable. But... that has nothing to do with emulation, the main topic of this post.

Well, because this was a GBA rom, I had to try it via an emulator to hope that it works. In all, I was half correct. 

image.thumb.png.140bc4d0842000d5c8303bd70f5c6cb5.png

By booting up the rom, and then using mGBA's "Replace Rom" feature, Poketransporter GB boots up and is able to access the save of the gen III game you replaced it with. In this case, I used Emerald as shown above. But then there was an issue. Link Cable connection. mGBA only emulates the Gameboy Advance link cable, not the Gameboy Color link cable. Proceeding with this, no connection was made by each window running the respective roms. I dig more into this, and come across an interesting discovery. mGBA's Nightly build briefly connects in the form of freezing the game.

I went to lengths of even contacting the creator asking if emulation support is available, to which he said he would investigate, but not most likely. image.png.be37e50719de4964d6539210774dbcad.png

Note that a "Middle-man program" seems to be an option. Even if it is clunky, it may be possible, noting that the nightly build freezes Pokémon Crystal, again, meaning some sort of connection is occurring. If this theoretical middle-man program can tap into that connection and finally bridge the connection, transferring gen I/II to gen III via an emulator is possible. (excluding the hacking into save files and pasting them in method which gives me the ick).

In the meantime, I made a google slideshow addressing the issues and possible theories on how to make this possible. NOTE; I was never a programmer. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RxyGk5eq9lN38xFwYKMLrSbulgAJ7gpTIf4Uj0FaNyc/edit?usp=sharing

Until a programming savior comes and reads this post, this seems to be the end of the line...

PKHeX can transfer Gen2<->Gen3, but does not auto-fill any details besides copying the pkm's properties to the new format. You just have to enable the incompatible conversion routes via program settings. Since it was never a legal transfer method, everyone has different opinions on how to adjust IVs, natures, and encounter info to be "legal" or not at all, hence PKHeX's barebones conversion leaving it to you to adjust whatever else you want to change.