Help by extracting .sav file from Ryujinx

Hi everyone 

Sorry if this was already solved or the question is just stupid but I need some help and could not find the solution so far anywhere.

I'm currently playing Pokemon BDSP on Ryujinx (1.1.1364) and simply wanted to exit the save file with PKHEX.
But I just cannot find the .sav-file from my Game it it drives me nuts...
I opened the Game Folder from my BDSP Copy, so I get 2 folders, \0000000000000001 & \0000000000000002.

But both of them just contain .bin files which pkhex cannot read. Are the .sav files located anywhere, do I need to create them first somehow or am I missing something entirely?

Thank you very much for your help :) image.png.8bef22025bf8225e07563e8c78fb3f9d.png

Saves can have different formats and file extensions depending on the game. ".sav" was mainly used for save files from Gen 1 - 5, on the 3DS they where simply called "main" without an extension at all. The Switch uses "SaveData.bin" and "Backup.bin", the first is your current save while the latter is the backup used by the console incase the current save is corrupt.

Just look how JKSV exports your saves from your Switch, you will see they look exactly like this.

You should open the SaveData.bin, if PKHeX can't read it there's no data inside. Save ingame normally and stop using save states, then PKHeX will be able to read the file (assuming it is not a ROM hack that has modified how save data is stored).

Edited by Kaphotics
Added clarity for ROM hack incompatibility

2 hours ago, BlackShark said:

Saves can have different formats and file extensions depending on the game. ".sav" was mainly used for save files from Gen 1 - 5, on the 3DS they where simply called "main" without an extension at all. The Switch uses "SaveData.bin" and "Backup.bin", the first is your current save while the latter is the backup used by the console incase the current save is corrupt.

Just look how JKSV exports your saves from your Switch, you will see they look exactly like this.

You should open the SaveData.bin, if PKHeX can't read it there's no data inside. Save ingame normally and stop using save states, then PKHeX will be able to read the file (assuming it is not a ROM hack that has modified how save data is stored).

Thank you so much, this helped a ton!

I was somehow assuming that we are still on .sav files (I did editing in 4. Gen already and somehow was still on that).
I was modifying Luminecent Platinum and was somehow assuming that it still works with the normal pkhex (lumi has a modified pkhex which worked and I was not aware of) since a lot of romhacks based on Firered etc. worked with normal PKhex.

Anyway; case closed, thank you so much, you were a big help!!!