Platinum

Last week when I was messing with my shield save file I got a prompt to update Pkhex (haven't used it in a while). Downloeaded the latest version of pkhex and everything worked like a charm for shield. 

However now I can't for the life of my get Pkhex to work with pokemon platinum. I am using a physical cart, a hacked 3ds and Checkpoint to extract the save file. I can also restore the original save file no problem, so I know checkpoint is working. The extracted save file opens just fine in Pkhex.

When I try to restore the save file back onto the cart I get an error (0xc8804478) "Failed to read the save file backup". Tried saving in both .file and .sav4pt. Nothing works. To test if I corrupted the save file when editing, I tried moving a pokemon one spot in the boxes and the error still occours. Anyone got any suggestions?

Added information: I used a previos version to add some pokemon without any issues. To me is seems the current version of Pkhex is the problem, since it worked no problem before??

Just figured it out, and yes I am the potato in this situation. A nights sleep and a few hours doing other things made me come up with a solution. 

I was using the "export sav" to create a new file. My 3ds would not accept those files.

As long as I make a copy of the original, and overwrite the copy file when I save after modifying everything works :D