(Generation I) Can't nickname Pokémon after changing OT

So I changed my OT from "GREEN" to "ALEX" and all of the Pokémon in my boxes to match the new OT. Now I can't nickname any of my Pokémon - even ones that don't have the nickname flag set. I tried changing it back to "GREEN", and I still can't nickname any of my Pokémon on the actual game. I did not change the ID. Can someone help me figure out why? Attached below is the save file.

sav.sav

Simply changing your OT (manually by typing in a new OT/batch editor) isn't enough, as the game compares all 5 (jpn) / 7 (international) trainer name bytes even if they're unused.

Looking at your Articuno's OT trash bytes, it's ALEX\50\50\50. Clicking on the OT label in PKHeX's entity editor GUI will copy the save file's OT trash bytes, resulting in ALEX\50\0\0, which is what the game is wanting when the OT details match.

Seems like it applies to your party (besides Mewtwo) and Box 1.

31 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Simply changing your OT (manually by typing in a new OT/batch editor) isn't enough, as the game compares all 5 (jpn) / 7 (international) trainer name bytes even if they're unused.

Looking at your Articuno's OT trash bytes, it's ALEX\50\50\50. Clicking on the OT label in PKHeX's entity editor GUI will copy the save file's OT trash bytes, resulting in ALEX\50\0\0, which is what the game is wanting when the OT details match.

Seems like it applies to your party (besides Mewtwo) and Box 1.

Thank you very much for finding out what the issue was. But now, I can't find how to open the entity editor GUI. How do I access the menu? I can only find the EntityEditor tab on the Settings window.

13 minutes ago, kyustorm said:

Thank you very much for finding out what the issue was. But now, I can't find how to open the entity editor GUI. How do I access the menu? I can only find the EntityEditor tab on the Settings window.

It's just the formal name for the left side of the main window 😅

You can open trash bytes by clicking inside the OT text box, or you can just click the "OT" label and it'll copy the OT Name (and trash bytes for Gen1/2) automatically.

11 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

It's just the formal name for the left side of the main window 😅

You can open trash bytes by clicking inside the OT text box, or you can just click the "OT" label and it'll copy the OT Name (and trash bytes for Gen1/2) automatically.

Thank you SO much!! That fixed it!