"Invalid File" Message with wc3 Tool

I am trying to inject mystery event items into my save file (legitimate cartridge with GB Operator), but my .sav file keeps prompting this "Invalid File" message when trying to load it.

My best guess is the file may not be exactly 128 kb after playing it on the Epilogue Playback (not even sure if this is true), but I don't know how I would edit it to be the right size. Any advice?

image.thumb.png.d6e7ea1f7e449dc19bff941eb2ff30f8.png

Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe).sav

The Epilogue appends some extra data to the end. You can use a hex editor to remove the last 48 bytes, but you might have to add them back before importing the file back to the cart.

Alternatively use PKHeX and the WC3 plugin, it can handle all file sizes.

Thanks for the response! This all makes sense, I just have two questions:

Are there any guides/tutorials on how to use a hex code editor to adjust the save file size? I have no experience with that kind of stuff and don't want to attempt it on my own and corrupt something.

If I use PKHeX instead, do you know if the pokemon obtained from the mystery gifts would still be legitimate like with the mystery gift tool? I am planning on transferring them to recent gens after shiny hunting.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, breloomerang said:

Are there any guides/tutorials on how to use a hex code editor to adjust the save file size? I have no experience with that kind of stuff and don't want to attempt it on my own and corrupt something.

sav.png.cb6de5d7bbf8816673545b28d3a1707e.png

5 hours ago, breloomerang said:

If I use PKHeX instead, do you know if the pokemon obtained from the mystery gifts would still be legitimate like with the mystery gift tool? I am planning on transferring them to recent gens after shiny hunting.

It doesn't matter which tool you use to import the Mystery Gifts, the result is the same. After all the Pokemon still get generated by the game itself, not by the tool used. You could even just add the items into your bag directly and nobody would be able to tell the difference.