PKHeX on Web

After a bit of effort I put recently on writing a terminal app to edit pokemon save files in any platform (Windows/Linux/MacOS), making it accessible to install with a simple terminal command, I realized that some of it could actually be ported to a nice UI accessible on the browser.

If you want to jump right into it, go to: https://pkhex-web.github.io

I finally released this working version with a couple of features fully funcional:

• Open/Export save files
  • Visualize trainer data
  • Add/Remove items
  • Add Pokemons from the encounter database
  • Edit Pokemons (party/box)
  • Legality warning
  • Extendable with plug-ins
    • Auto legality mode plug-in

I'm trying as much as I can to make it responsible to work on big screens or mobile-ready, but there may be some aspects that are broken (if you find any, let me know on GitHub)

The repository is the same of the CLI for now: https://github.com/arleypadua/PKHeX.CLI

If you like what you see, share your feedback or issues here: https://github.com/arleypadua/PKHeX.CLI/issues

Again, none of it would be possible without the efforts put into making PKHeX.Core, so kudos for the team.

Screenshot_20240628-225843.png

Screenshot_20240628-225832.png

Screenshot_20240628-225741.png

Screenshot_20240628-232717.png

Edited by arleypadua
Updated feature set
  • Like 4

Hi, I am trying to edit a Pokemon Emerald .sav save file. Is that possible with the online version or with the linux CLi tool? Both seem to throw an error:

Error: The file at Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe).sav did not load into a save file.

I also tried bunch of winetricks(wineprefix with latest pkhex and .net 8 installed), mono(directly executing latest pkhex .exe with .net 8 runtime on my linux), to get Pkhex on my linux machine. But nothing seems to work... Any ideas :) ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kalesin said:

Hi, I am trying to edit a Pokemon Emerald .sav save file. Is that possible with the online version or with the linux CLi tool? Both seem to throw an error:

Error: The file at Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe).sav did not load into a save file.

I also tried bunch of winetricks(wineprefix with latest pkhex and .net 8 installed), mono(directly executing latest pkhex .exe with .net 8 runtime on my linux), to get Pkhex on my linux machine. But nothing seems to work... Any ideas :) ?

If the file os not loading into a valid save file, it means that PKHeX core wasn't able to load it.. 

Most of the time, when it happens, it means that your save file is either corrupted or invalid.

I tried opening an Emerald save file as an example, like this one and it works.

So I'm guessing it is likely to be your save file.

I can double check if you send me you save file through GitHub or https://filebin.net/

Edited by arleypadua

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, arleypadua said:

If the file os not loading into a valid save file, it means that PKHeX core wasn't able to load it.. 

Most of the time, when it happens, it means that your save file is either corrupted or invalid.

I tried opening an Emerald save file as an example, like this one and it works.

So I'm guessing it is likely to be your save file.

I can double check if you send me you save file through GitHub or https://filebin.net/

Looks like amongst all the confusion and installing 5 different softwares, I lost track of the folder where i had the save file. I was trying to open a save file that hasnt started the game yet 😅, could maybe add error handling for that if the library allows it.

Totally my fault. The correct save file works, as does yours! Good job writing this tool and thanks for the answer!

I have another question:

I am trying to create a team for the battle tower, what would be the right tool for that job? I thought i could manipulate the IV's, EV's, nature, PID, but I just press enter and it scrolls to the top?

Edited by kalesin

2 hours ago, kalesin said:

Looks like amongst all the confusion and installing 5 different softwares, I lost track of the folder where i had the save file. I was trying to open a save file that hasnt started the game yet 😅, could maybe add error handling for that if the library allows it.

Totally my fault. The correct save file works, as does yours! Good job writing this tool and thanks for the answer!

I have another question:

I am trying to create a team for the battle tower, what would be the right tool for that job? I thought i could manipulate the IV's, EV's, nature, PID, but I just press enter and it scrolls to the top?

Glad you found the issue... It happens 😅

Right now the tool only allows you to edit/v clone Pokemons you currently have in your party or box.. I'm slowly adding the feature of adding Pokemons from the encounter database.

Not sure if I understood your issue, but there's no need to press enter, just enter the number you want and export the save file. For instance, to change the nature, select the new one on the drop-down, go to the menu "Save" on the left, and export it.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, arleypadua said:

It should support the same versions PKHeX for Windows supports, as it's based off the same foundation

The web page as well? The reason I'm asking is that i'm playing the emerald ROM hack Run and Bun which has pokémon up to gen 8. When I load the save file on the web page my Chimchar shows up as an Anorith with the nickname Chimchar.

2 minutes ago, Alvar0301 said:

The web page as well? The reason I'm asking is that i'm playing the emerald ROM hack Run and Bun which has pokémon up to gen 8. When I load the save file on the web page my Chimchar shows up as an Anorith with the nickname Chimchar.

ROM hacks are not really supported, unfortunately, as their save file structure differ quite a lot from the original games.

23 minutes ago, arleypadua said:

ROM hacks are not really supported, unfortunately, as their save file structure differ quite a lot from the original games.

Oh ok, thank you for quick answers:)