Using PKHeX on Luminescent Platinum (Brilliant Diamond rom hack) save file?

KAIST

Hi all,

I noticed that the saved .bin file from BD after the Luminescent Platinum mod cannot be loaded into the PKHeX editor? while the normal BDSP .bin file can still be loaded properly? Can you confirm guys? I'm using the latest PKHeX released this month. Or can I still load my mod saved file but need to convert it to other formats? 

If not, I'm just curious how this is because after modding my BD with an early game saved file edited by PKHeX, I can continue with the modded game using my PKHeX-edited pokemon without any problems. But then the saved file after modding cannot be recognized by PKHeX. 

PS: I can load saved files from other modded Pokemon games from 3DS, DS, and GBA generations without problems. Luminescent Platinum is the only Switch-generation ROM hack I know of. 

Kindly let me know. Thank you!

Capture.JPG

PKHeX does not support ROM hacks. This ROM hack in particular has changed how the data is saved in the savedata.bin, so it's essentially an entirely separate game as the regular data structures cannot read the data the same way. 

They have a fork of PKHeX that adjusts the code to read their variant, but it is not supported or discussed here.