Bug Report

JLSgolden

Found a small bug.

This shuckle here is perfectly legal, created in a Heart Gold save file. When I drag and drop it into a Sun/Moon or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon save file the encounter type changes from rock smash in vermillion city to safari zone --> safari grass and is instantly marked as illegal. The reasons it then gives are "Invalid: Can't match an encounter from origin game" and "Invalid: Can't have ball for encounter type". 

I tried dragging and dropping the shuckle into a gen 5 and 6 game, none of which marked the pokemon as illegal. The encounter type is also displayed correctly, it specifically happens on Gen 7 saves. 

Also I tried the same thing with a diglett from same location, same encounter type and it works just fine so it's specifically Gen 7 and specifically Shuckle encoutered through rock smash lol

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that Pokemon dragged and dropped from gen 3 and 4 to Gen 7 specifically, suddenly change their location and encounter type but it doesn't make or mark them illegal. Doesn't happen when dropped into gen 5&6 saves. 

0213 - SHUCKLE - 96F492543FB6.pk4

Edited by JLSgolden

22 hours ago, JLSgolden said:

perfectly legal, created in a Heart Gold save file

not legal; doesn't have an RNG slot correlation (as indicated by the X when you hover)

future updates will indicate it is not legal in gen4. the program is correctly flagging it in gen5+.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

not legal; doesn't have an RNG slot correlation (as indicated by the X when you hover)

future updates will indicate it is not legal in gen4. the program is correctly flagging it in gen5+.

I had to look for the X really hard lol, thanks for the info. Been using Pkhex for literal years and never noticed it. Could you perhaps explain to me what exactly I did wrong?

Would love to know what's causing this and how I can fix it because as I mentioned above, other Pokemon I created with basically the same met/location/encounter type data are just fine. 

22 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Check the change log for encounter slot checks. The program requires more than just a valid PIDIV, as it also determines the encounter trigger seed/frame that started the full generation routine. The PIDIV is calculated last.

Yup, I got it, perfect. Thank you very much!