Can't Open Gen 2 Save Files on PXHex - Keep getting error message

Mike Gordan

So before anyone says anything, I've already checked with another Save file, and I was able to open that up and check its contents like a charm.  So when I do the same thing with my own save files in Gold and Silver, I keep getting this error message that says that it's an unsupported file type or size.  It's the same file type and size as the Gen 1 saves, and they're all SaveRams, so I have no idea why it works for Gen 1 but not for Gen 2.  Even made sure to check for Settings.  Sure enough, my settings are set to Pokemon Gold.

It's really that freakin' stupid.  There's gotta be something I haven't done already that's keeping me from opening my Save Files, and would like to know what is up.  I'm kinda on a deadline here, so I'll just send you guys the SaveRams, and hopefully, someone will be able to figure it out.

Last thing to note too is that these Save Files all come from Bizhawk.

Pokemon - Gold Version (USA, Europe).SaveRAM Pokemon - Silver Version (USA, Europe).SaveRAM

Okay, so I decided to use an online hex editor to remove all that garbage down at the bottom, and I was able to load up everything just fine.  But now, every time I save my game, it seems all that garbage gets restored.  Is there any way to actually rid of it permanently?  Again, I'm playing on Bizhawk, and even more specifically, I'm playing on Gambatte.  Alternate cores would include GB Hawk and SubGBHawk.  Is there something about these specific emulators that cause Bizhawk to dump all that garbage onto my save files?  'Cause I want a lasting solution to this.

Thanks.