Pkhex don't show gender in gen 1 (Previously yes)

Blunern

I'd like you to help me with this. In previous versions when I loaded my Green save file I could see the sex of my mons. But in the newest version I'm not able to see that info. Is this a bug? Or was the option completely removed somehow?

I attached 2 examples

Thanks in advance for your help.

Now.png

Before.png

Gender doesn't exist in Gen1, so it isn't shown. It was changed approximately 2 years ago. 

Sure the gender value would be the same as it is if it were transferred to Gen2, but again, it isn't shown because it could confuse users as it's not a feature in Gen1, and it doesn't seem like it would be much value added to show.

Thanks for your prompt response. 

Are you really sure that feature was removed that long ago? I still had it in a recent version with the Terapagos Terastal icon. I took advantage of it too much, because I'm a completionist, and I like to have every mon out there in all their variants, male and female, normal, shiny, etc. But now with that feature removed, I have to transfer my Gen 1 mons to Gen 2 to see if they're male or female. Do you think that feature is going to be re-added in the near future?

Thank you again for your help

9 hours ago, Blunern said:

Thanks for your prompt response. 

Are you really sure that feature was removed that long ago? I still had it in a recent version with the Terapagos Terastal icon. I took advantage of it too much, because I'm a completionist, and I like to have every mon out there in all their variants, male and female, normal, shiny, etc. But now with that feature removed, I have to transfer my Gen 1 mons to Gen 2 to see if they're male or female. Do you think that feature is going to be re-added in the near future?

Thank you again for your help

Added a flag in Settings you can toggle for the Entity Editor to show Gender in Gen1 contexts.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/b60648627a53c3dc12799f0d91d2cc7a0061aa02

Currently only in the development build, but will be available in future releases.

• Like 2