Confused by 4 digit SID field for Gen 7 TID values in PKHex

gamecubefan74

So I have a desired Gen 7 TID (6 digits) that I want to use, along with a specific 5 digit TID and SID used to calculate that Gen 7 TID. I can input my Gen 7 TID into PKHex just fine.

The problem is that I can't figure out how to get the right 5 digit TID and SID. The only thing I could find to influences them is the value of the Gen 7 TID field and another field called "SID" that only allows for 4 digits from 0000-4294. What is this number? Now this is really confusing because SIDs have ALWAYS been 5 digits long in previous gens from 00000-65535. Where is this 4 digit "SID" value coming from? To make matters worse, there doesn't appear to be any calculator that calculates a 4 digit SID based on the 5 digit TID and SID you feed it.

Older versions of PKHex from 2017 allowed you to directly enter the 5 digit TID and SID, bypassing this problem altogether. But I can't find any builds of PKHex that old.

Untitled.png

Starting in generation 3, the game stores a random 32-bit number (0 - FFFFFFFF) for every Trainer to differentiate them from others with the same name.

In generations 3-6, the game takes this 32-bit number and displays the lowest 16 bits of the 32, which ranges from 0-65535, as the visible Trainer ID. The remaining 16 bits are the invisible "secret" ID, also 0-65535.

For trainers originating in generation 7 and beyond, the game instead displays the 32-bit number as a decimal number, but only displays the lowest 6 digits. Since the 32-bit number ranges from 0-4294967295, we have 6 digits to display, and a value 0-4294 (or 4293 depending on the lowest 6 digits) as the invisible "secret" ID.

If you want to enter a 5-digit ID, then make the Trainer data (Pokémon) originate from an earlier generation. When you change it back to Gen7+, the displayed values will be equivalent. If you hover over the text boxes, the program tells you the other representation.

18 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Starting in generation 3, the game stores a random 32-bit number (0 - FFFFFFFF) for every Trainer to differentiate them from others with the same name.

In generations 3-6, the game takes this 32-bit number and displays the lowest 16 bits of the 32, which ranges from 0-65535, as the visible Trainer ID. The remaining 16 bits are the invisible "secret" ID, also 0-65535.

For trainers originating in generation 7 and beyond, the game instead displays the 32-bit number as a decimal number, but only displays the lowest 6 digits. Since the 32-bit number ranges from 0-4294967295, we have 6 digits to display, and a value 0-4294 (or 4293 depending on the lowest 6 digits) as the invisible "secret" ID.

If you want to enter a 5-digit ID, then make the Trainer data (Pokémon) originate from an earlier generation. When you change it back to Gen7+, the displayed values will be equivalent. If you hover over the text boxes, the program tells you the other representation.

Thanks. What about for the Trainfer Info of the save file itself?