Can a Japanese Wondercard be put on an English cartridge?

Bablunki

Aka, would it have been possible back then in like 2003 where if someone from Japan went to the event to get the Old Sea Map with an English cartridge, would it have worked? I mostly want to ask because I don't understand how a English Shiny Mew can be transported to Home if you hacked/glitched an Old Sea Map event and Mew's still considered legitimate, but other Pokemon like this isn't. 

I assume the event was planned for other regions but just never went through with it, but I dont get why it's considered legitimate. Any reason why?

1 hour ago, Bablunki said:

Aka, would it have been possible back then in like 2003 where if someone from Japan went to the event to get the Old Sea Map with an English cartridge, would it have worked? I mostly want to ask because I don't understand how a English Shiny Mew can be transported to Home if you hacked/glitched an Old Sea Map event and Mew's still considered legitimate, but other Pokemon like this isn't. 

I assume the event was planned for other regions but just never went through with it, but I dont get why it's considered legitimate. Any reason why?

HOME has horrible hack checks. It being able to pass through HOME doesn’t mean it was possible nor intended.

and no, specifically in Gen 3, can’t put Japanese wonder cards on non-Japanese cartridges.