Two questions about dumping boxes when transfering between generations.

Senko

I'm planning to start a playthrough from Soul Silver through to violet transferring pokemon between each generation as I go (I have bank for the final jump to switch and home). However I have two questions I've not been able to find an answer too so I'm asking.

1) When dumping/importing boxes is it individual boxes or all of them e.g. if in soul silver I have pokemon in boxes 1 and 2 while in Alpha Sapphire I have pokemon in boxes 3 can I choose to only import and overwrite boxes 1 and 2 but leave 3 on untouched so I don't lose the pokemon I've caught up to unlocking storage or is it always individual pokemon or all storage? From reading the FAQ I think I'll need to transfer them individually as it seems like dumping/importing boxes does all of them not just one box or a selection of boxes.

2) When moving between generations am I correct (from the FAQ) I just need to move the pokemon over by following the directions and they'll be correctly recorded as having been transferred the way they would if I'd done it back while that generations transfer feature was active (again with the exception of Home which creates its own trackers)?

This is for the transferring of legitimately caught pokemon in each generation to the next no other editing desired. Thanks in advance for any answers.