If I adjust pkhex to the regular range and use it, will the binary show that I used it?

Unis

I recently saw a post on reddit stating, "Editing Pokémon in pkhex generates garbage bytes that should not remain in normal play, even when adjusted under legitimate conditions." Is this true?

Also, by giving a Pokémon an arbitrary ribbon, adjusting the PID, or adjusting the IVs, is it possible for others to check the binary and find traces of it?

I have read in posts on the internet that it is sometimes possible to tell with 8th generation raid-produced Pokémon, but is it not possible to tell with earlier generations?

I am not good at English and my writing is poor, but I would appreciate your help.

Editing your Pokemon gives you full control over PKM data; if you change ribbons, only the ribbon byte will change. If you change the string for nickname or OT, then you have to make sure that the data allocated for it matches whatever the legal state should be.

Same goes for other correlated properties like PID and IV. PKHeX does a majority of these checks automatically, but some checks like shiny raids take too much time and are skipped.

• Amazed 1

9 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Editing your Pokemon gives you full control over PKM data; if you change ribbons, only the ribbon byte will change. If you change the string for nickname or OT, then you have to make sure that the data allocated for it matches whatever the legal state should be.

Same goes for other correlated properties like PID and IV. PKHeX does a majority of these checks automatically, but some checks like shiny raids take too much time and are skipped.

I understand very well. Thank you very much for your kind consideration.