Bad save back up,,, or fake cartridge?

samps

Hello! I am currently trying get the save off of a Pokemon Emerald cartridge. I am using a GBxCart to do this. I have cleaned the cartridge well and the device and it is able to backup the save no problem. There isn't much I want to do with this save file, but I do want to make sure its usable and I can preserve it, as someone else previous game is on there and I don't want to just delete it. 

My problem is that PKHex isn't able to open this file at all, giving me a "binary is not compatible with save file" error. I know this means that the save is corrupt, but I am again getting no errors from the GBxCart program. But if this is happened I want to make sure I get a proper backup for this save, and I want to be able to edit my new one in the future. I just need some help in the right direction... am I doing something wrong or is it a bad cartridge.. etc.

Not being able to load a save has me feeling that this cartridge is not even real, but lets hope not.

I have the save file linked, because I'm not familiar with what it looks like if it is bad. 

Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe).sav