Shiny Manaphy Hunting (The Abundance Method) HeartGold/SoulSilver/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

DamoXD001

THE ABUNDANCE METHOD 

SHINY MANAPHY HUNTING

The Files here are  Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver with each containing 545 Legal Legitament Manaphy eggs with PID's (Player Identification) and Natures. All Manaphy eggs have been brought down to sounds like its about to hatch. This is a new style way to hunt for a shiny Manaphy. The Current Method for Shiny hunting Manaphy is trading four eggs to a new save after up to every four Manaphy egg hatches. This method gives you the chance to hatch 545 Manaphy eggs with changing the TID/SID after every 545 eggs or trading eggs with a amount of 544 eggs being able to be used per save file. This new method brings Manaphy closer to a regular 1 in 8192 egg hunt without the use of Masuda Method in Gen 4. Goodluck to everyone who attempts this hunt. (Please Note the Manaphy eggs in all five games are identical 545 eggs so if you use the Same TID/SID on Multi system hunting and saves you will only be getting one chance of being shiny and if you do find a shiny they would be shiny on both games so make sure to always have different TID/SID on the saves if you are using PKHEX to change the ID's. Also all saves currently different Trainer ID's and Secret ID's and I haven't hunted on these saves so I don't know if any would be shiny if hatched on the save files in there respective games.

Pokemon Diamond.sav Pokemon Pearl.sav Pokemon Platinum.sav Pokemon HeartGold.sav Pokemon SoulSilver.sav Shiny Manaphy Hunting Info.rtf

Edited by DamoXD001
general changes

13 hours ago, DamoXD001 said:

The Files here are  Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver with each containing 545 Legal Legitament Manaphy eggs with PID's (Player Identification) and Natures. All Manaphy eggs have been brought down to sounds like its about to hatch. This is a new style way to hunt for a shiny Manaphy. The Current Method for Shiny hunting Manaphy is trading four eggs to a new save after up to every four Manaphy egg hatches. This method gives you the chance to hatch 545 Manaphy eggs with changing the TID/SID after every 545 eggs or trading eggs with a amount of 544 eggs being able to be used per save file. This new method brings Manaphy closer to a regular 1 in 8192 egg hunt without the use of Masuda Method in Gen 4. Goodluck to everyone who attempts this hunt. (Please Note the Manaphy eggs in all five games are identical 545 eggs so if you use the Same TID/SID on Multi system hunting and saves you will only be getting one chance of being shiny and if you do find a shiny they would be shiny on both games so make sure to always have different TID/SID on the saves if you are using PKHEX to change the ID's. Also all saves currently different Trainer ID's and Secret ID's and I haven't hunted on these saves so I don't know if any would be shiny if hatched on the save files in there respective games.

Pokemon Diamond.sav 512 kB · 2 downloads Pokemon Pearl.sav 512 kB · 2 downloads Pokemon Platinum.sav 512 kB · 2 downloads Pokemon HeartGold.sav 512 kB · 2 downloads Pokemon SoulSilver.sav 512 kB · 2 downloads Shiny Manaphy Hunting Info.rtf 1.58 kB · 2 downloads

thanks for the effort but there is already a sav here

information here

• DamoXD001 changed the title to Shiny Manaphy Hunting (The Abundance Method) HeartGold/SoulSilver/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
  • 2 months later...

Hi! First off this is awesome that you set this up!! I am currently trying to find ways to hunt Manaphy in an easier manner and this helps a bunch!!

I do apologize though as I'm still very new to the specifics of hunting Manaphy and the issues with it's TID and shiny values. I know generally you do have to trade it to a new game to break the shiny lock,and I am a little confused on the explanation for how to hunt these Manaphy eggs in the save you supplied. Do I need to trade these ones over to a new game to hatch them,or is it just making a new TID on the saves themselves, hatching the Manaphy eggs and if none are shiny redo the process?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. With this you can trade them. But you can also use Pkhex to just change the Trainer ID and Secret ID in the section sav on pkhex then the Trainer info. What I usually do is start a new save then get a copy of the file then copy the TID and SID onto the save files with the Manaphy eggs. Again I’m sorry for the very late reply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 9:33 AM, DamoXD001 said:

Sorry for the late reply. With this you can trade them. But you can also use Pkhex to just change the Trainer ID and Secret ID in the section sav on pkhex then the Trainer info. What I usually do is start a new save then get a copy of the file then copy the TID and SID onto the save files with the Manaphy eggs. Again I’m sorry for the very late reply.

Have you transferred them up to Home, or are they considered not legal by the system?

• 5 weeks later...

They are fully legal and have no issue moving to Bank and Pokemon Home. Sorry for the late reply again. I don't check the page on a regular basis but there will be no issue they are all legal Manaphy Ranger eggs.

And basically if you are trying with 500 more eggs and restart the game, can I skip the restarting a new save file and just keep generating new eggs and trade them to my platinium version? At one point one eggs will hatch shiny no? Otherwise what's the point on doing it with 4/6 or more eggs and restart a new save file instead of doing it with just one ?... If the eggs I generate all have a chance to hatch shiny why should I restart my save file? I should just keep generating more eggs from my pokémon ranger shadow on almia games instead? Like with the help of an hacked 3ds you can easily put back on the cartridge the save file with the eggs ready to send on the gen 4 games so what's the point on restarting another save file if you try with 500+ eggs? 

If I try with 500+ eggs like you or if I keep generating a butload of eggs (maybe 1000 or 8000 I don't know) I will have a shiny at one point or another without restating another save file without changing TID or SID or else I don't understand why everyone is doing it with 4/6 eggs or even more like you and reset another game just to get new TIP and SID.... If me with my way of doing it without restarting another save file and just keep generating eggs from pokémon ranger I can't get a shiny manaphy I don't see why in all of your 500+ eggs there will be a shiny one except for the verry first one you've generated.... 

Did you get my point? 

2 hours ago, narutorey1 said:

And basically if you are trying with 500 more eggs and restart the game, can I skip the restarting a new save file and just keep generating new eggs and trade them to my platinium version? At one point one eggs will hatch shiny no? Otherwise what's the point on doing it with 4/6 or more eggs and restart a new save file instead of doing it with just one ?... If the eggs I generate all have a chance to hatch shiny why should I restart my save file? I should just keep generating more eggs from my pokémon ranger shadow on almia games instead? Like with the help of an hacked 3ds you can easily put back on the cartridge the save file with the eggs ready to send on the gen 4 games so what's the point on restarting another save file if you try with 500+ eggs? 

If I try with 500+ eggs like you or if I keep generating a butload of eggs (maybe 1000 or 8000 I don't know) I will have a shiny at one point or another without restating another save file without changing TID or SID or else I don't understand why everyone is doing it with 4/6 eggs or even more like you and reset another game just to get new TIP and SID.... If me with my way of doing it without restarting another save file and just keep generating eggs from pokémon ranger I can't get a shiny manaphy I don't see why in all of your 500+ eggs there will be a shiny one except for the verry first one you've generated.... 

Did you get my point? 

Depends how a given person quantifies legality. By generating endless eggs, you're bypassing the normal restrictions of how many a ranger cartridge can generate, and how many can be received by a mainline game. If you're already cutting corners to fabricate infinite eggs, why not cut all the corners and just RNG or gen it in PKHeX? Everyone has their own idea of what they consider acceptable, so certain approaches you may be okay with may not be okay for others.