Issue with Crystal save in PKHex after getting Pokedex

DanKanMan

PM_CRYSTA.sav

Hello.

little bit of background in order

- .sav file came from a ROM, Flashed to a MidnightTrace FunnyPlaying GBC flashcart with a Burnmaster cart reader/writer from FunnyPlaying
- before i obtained the Pokedex and after i got my starter and reached the first pokemon center, i was able to open the .sav in PKHex
-next, i added 3 Pokemon to my party initially, then after obtaining pokedex, attempting to open save file states it is unsupported file (Picture of error attached)
-after looking through the forums i have opened my PC, placed a Pokemon into a box, opened my Pokedex, and saved twice.
-after that i downloaded PikaSave 1.4 and was able to open the save file on there and it looked like the pokemon i added into the box was all messed up, so i deleted it.
-reapplied the save file to the flashcart and the pokemon was still there, but with no name or Trainer ID (not sure if i messed up deleting pokemon in PikaSave) I released the Pokemon in game from the PC box to just get rid of it, and resaved twice. still says Unsupported file

I attached the Save file in question and attached the error message i get from PKHex. any Insight to what i didnt do, or need to do to get it working in PKHex again would be great, thank you

Pokemon Crystal error.png

So i reflashed the cart and made a new save and now it works, but i ran into an issue of i added a pokemon and set it into my box 1 and now any pokemon i place into box 1 just disappears into the void. but the box count will continue to increase with only a cancel button. when that happens, i cannot open the save in PKHex but when i open the save into PikaSave it shows 240/20 pokemon in box 1, but editing the box theres just blank entries like its empty. is there a procedure to add/set pokemon into the save file without breaking the box?

also found out that adding any created pokemon in PKHex to any of my Gen 2 boxes gives me, in order, the entire pokemon dex of pokemon except all the names are blank, then crashes when i look into box 1. when i created/set 2 pokemon in box 4, (changed box to box 2 before pulling the save from the cart to PC) that box was fine, except box 1 now had a wield glitched symbol with a 3 instead of a normal number of pokemon in a box, then after changing box to box 1, going back into box change screen, it says i have 3 pokemon in box 1, when there should be zero.