POKEMON Y CITRA Saves damaged PKHeX

campy03

When i try to edit saves of pokemon sun i have absolutly no problem. If i do the same things with pokemon y, the files are ALWAYS corrupted; even if i just open the same file and export it just like it is without doing anything. I also tried to turn off all the cheats but it doesn't change anything (but, i repeat, with pokemon sun i didn't have any problems with any tipe of edit with any cheat turned on). 

I have Citra and PKHeX with the latest version (I think, i just updated citra, litteraly 1 hour ago, and yes, i also tried to start a new game but the problems still persist; i also downloaded PKHeX yesterday so it has to be the latest version).

Is it a problem with the pokemon y original game's file? Should i delate it and download another file from another site?

(I'm sorry if i made some grammal mistake, i'm italian)

Screenshot 2023-12-01 085536.png

28 minutes ago, campy03 said:

When i try to edit saves of pokemon sun i have absolutly no problem. If i do the same things with pokemon y, the files are ALWAYS corrupted; even if i just open the same file and export it just like it is without doing anything. I also tried to turn off all the cheats but it doesn't change anything (but, i repeat, with pokemon sun i didn't have any problems with any tipe of edit with any cheat turned on). 

I have Citra and PKHeX with the latest version (I think, i just updated citra, litteraly 1 hour ago, and yes, i also tried to start a new game but the problems still persist; i also downloaded PKHeX yesterday so it has to be the latest version).

Is it a problem with the pokemon y original game's file? Should i delate it and download another file from another site?

(I'm sorry if i made some grammal mistake, i'm italian)

Screenshot 2023-12-01 085536.png

upload said save

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

what does the folder look like after placing back the edited save file?

Also what version of Citra are you using? Is it the latest one?

The folder looks identical, there is only the new file and nothing else.

Citra informs when there is a new version and I just updated it 2 hours ago.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 102333.png

Edited by campy03

12 minutes ago, campy03 said:

The folder looks identical, there is only the new file and nothing else.

Citra informs when there is a new version and I just updated it 2 hours ago.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 102333.png

that is weird.
If it is accurately named main, and only main (no extensions), correct sized, in the correct folder, it shouldn't cause corruption.

People have posted something like this before, and I don't think it gets resolved, simply because it shouldn't happen like that.

Here's one more thing I'll like to ask you.

Try opening Citra with the modified save, make sure PKHeX is closed.
When you get the error message, close Citra (don't delete and don't save).
Then drag that save into PKHeX. Does PKHeX read the save?

20 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

that is weird.
If it is accurately named main, and only main (no extensions), correct sized, in the correct folder, it shouldn't cause corruption.

People have posted something like this before, and I don't think it gets resolved, simply because it shouldn't happen like that.

Here's one more thing I'll like to ask you.

Try opening Citra with the modified save, make sure PKHeX is closed.
When you get the error message, close Citra (don't delete and don't save).
Then drag that save into PKHeX. Does PKHeX read the save?

Ok, i solved. 

Now i'm gonna seem stupid but probably i AM stupid. 

When i saw the video tutorial on youtube probably i didn't saw (or there wasn't any) the warning about DON'T use other names rather than "main" for the files. To make me easy recognise the files i changed name and i didn't realize that i NEVER used the name "main"; i changed the names only for the screenshot to make it easy to analyse for you.

I'm sorry for the waste of time, i am totally an idiot °-°.

Edited by campy03

3 minutes ago, campy03 said:

Ok, i solved. 

Now i'm gonna seem stupid but probably i AM stupid. 

When i saw the video tutorial on youtube probably i didn't saw (or there wasn't any) the warning about DON'T use other names rather than "main" for the files. To make me easy recognise the files i changed name and i didn't realize that i NEVER used the name "main"; i changed the names only for the screenshot to make it easy to analyse for you.

I'm sorry for the waste of time, i am totally an idiot °-°.

hey no worries, yeah, it just has to be main.

In any case I'm glad it has been resolved :)

• Like 1