Help. Can't edit DS games

@Deep Sarcasm which game are you playing? could you upload the save file? I'm thinking of checking your file's data with another one of the same game which has similar stuff (things like progress, character name, Pokémon caught, and starter) Also mention the things in the bracket when if you reply because the file is not accessible outside of retroarch

A trick that might help is: copy the file paste it and try re-naming it to .sav or .ss1 instead of .nds. Then try launching it in desume or something else (I'm not 100% sure about this trick but the actual save data is in the .nds file)

Edited by BLAZIKEN_emerald

20 hours ago, BLAZIKEN_emerald said:

@Deep Sarcasm which game are you playing? could you upload the save file? I'm thinking of checking your file's data with another one of the same game which has similar stuff (things like progress, character name, Pokémon caught, and starter) Also mention the things in the bracket when if you reply because the file is not accessible outside of retroarch

A trick that might help is: copy the file paste it and try re-naming it to .sav or .ss1 instead of .nds. Then try launching it in desume or something else (I'm not 100% sure about this trick but the actual save data is in the .nds file)

It's every single ds game. It's just one file for the entire game, save and all. I've tried renaming them to .sav. They will never work in retroarch again if I do. AND, if I rename, or edit the properties in any way, it wipes all the save data. Starts as a brand new game. 

I have not tried desmume, I guess that's my only option left. 

Hmmm.... Could try comparing It With another save file on the site which is similar if DEsuME doesn't work (remember to copy the file and paste it another directory if ur using desume, put it where normally the save files are just google it)And could you tell me some specific details I dont wanna invade your privacy but atleast telling me which os ur on as well as the retroarch version Number would help alot

Edit:

some things that I just realized after reading your post again:

1.Don't go immediately going into properties and change something you don't know or something important(By this detail I'm sure that you are on windows)

2, Retroarch does not like you changing the extension and name of the save files

3.It overwrites the save file all the time and never creates a new one

4. correct me if I'm wrong but I think the save state data is stored in the save file/somewhere else that is, if you have ever used save states before

Edited by BLAZIKEN_emerald

5 minutes ago, Deep Sarcasm said:

It's every single ds game. All the roms I ever downloaded were just like that automatically. It's just one file for the entire game, save and all. I've tried renaming them to .sav. They will never work in retroarch again if I do. AND, if I rename, or edit the properties in any way, it wipes all the save data. Starts as a brand new game. 

I have not tried desmume, I guess that's my only option left. 

Hmmm.... Could try comparing It With another save file on the site which is similar if DEsuME doesn't work (remember to copy the file and paste it another directory if ur using desume, put it where normally the save files are just google it)And could you tell me some specific details I dont wanna invade your privacy but atleast telling me which os ur on as well as the retroarch version Number would help alot @theSLAYER could you help?

Just a reminder to all that piracy, or partaking in the act of piracy, isn't allowed on our forums. Please be mindful.

@BLAZIKEN_emerald please stop multi-posting. If you have multiple things to say, say it all in the post, or edit them into your latest unanswered post. You have 3 posts right after their response, and that is rather unnecessary.

@Deep Sarcasm what I could find on reddit
image.pngimage.png

they're being saved in a directory you're not seeing.