[SOLVED] Binary is not compatible with save file error. Please help

Nefarious

SOLVED/EDIT: For anyone else who stumbles across this with the same issue. I figured out that in BizHawk I had to File > Save RAM and then load that .saveram file into pkhex rather than trying to load the regular .sav file. The .saveram file is located in a GBA folder wherever you extracted BizHawk to.

Hi All, 

I'm getting this error when trying to load in my Emerald save file. I will say my save file is from a ROM that was put through a randomizer. But I don't think that should stop it from working. 

I've attached the save file in question. If anyone could help me figure out why it's not working that would be appreciated! One other thing I should note is that I use the BizHawk emulator with the Ironmon Tracker LUA script running. I don't know if that's what could be causing the issue or not. 

image.png.53c2f768aa0941e55552321cb89a907a.png

New Emerald (TrashMan) Randomized ROM.sav

Edited by Nefarious

12 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Open your save file in a hex editor. It's all FF; you haven't saved and exported properly.

Then I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong. In game I open the pause menu and select save. Then try to import my save file into PKHeX. In BizHawk emulator I don’t see any special way to export the save unless I’m missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out that in BizHawk I had to Save RAM and then load that .saveram file into pkhex rather than trying to load the regular .sav file. Ty for the help

Edited by Nefarious

• Nefarious changed the title to [SOLVED] Binary is not compatible with save file error. Please help