Error: Memory: Not Cleared Properly on previously legal Pokemon

RagingMagikarp

A lot of my old Pokemon from various games including both physical gen IV and III games and the virtual console gen I and II games that were previously recognized as legal in PKHex are now showing as Illegal with the only problem reported being "Memory: Not Cleared Properly." However, I have never messed with the memory data for any of my Pokemon. As mentioned above, they were considered legal in all prior games (I've been using PKHex since ORAS). I'm currently editing my Pokemon in BDSP. Is this just an error/bug or do I need to do something to correct these errors?

Secondly, many of my Gen I and II virtual console Pokemon are reporting "Invalid Nature for Transfer Experience." This is the first time they've not been seen as legal by PKHex. They were legal in SM/USUM/SwSh. I have attached some sample Pokemon from my collection to help illustrate the problems.

0015 - Beedrill - 89208539DA79.pb8 0018 - Pidgeot - 857E0D8A35D8.pb8 0024 - Arbok - 350DB404AC84.pb8

> previously recognized as legal in PKHeX

The program improves over time. New checks can flag invalid data that was not previously recognized.

1. Incorrectly transferring/editing data will flag content. Out of range values will be flagged.

2. VC transfers set the Nature based on EXP. If you are at the same level you transferred in as and the amount of EXP could never have been {current nature}, then it is flagged.

30 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

> previously recognized as legal in PKHeX

The program improves over time. New checks can flag invalid data that was not previously recognized.

1. Incorrectly transferring/editing data will flag content. Out of range values will be flagged.

2. VC transfers set the Nature based on EXP. If you are at the same level you transferred in as and the amount of EXP could never have been {current nature}, then it is flagged.

Thank you for such a quick response! It seems the VC transfers will be easy to fix then. Do you know of a good resource to help me correct the memory data?

The memory mechanic has always been somewhat confusing to me, but I think I figured out what going on. When I'm transferring Pokemon from Home to BDSP for some reason the HT memory data isn't wiped. So, when it enters the game, it has memories with the HT straight from Home without ever having done anything with me in that game. That's my guess anyway. I noticed that other Pokemon transferred from SwSh had no memory with the HT when brought straight from Home to BDSP but they did have memory with OT. The memory issue Pokemon had a memory with OT and with HT. Setting HT to "seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn’t seem to be able to remember the details..." completely fixed the problem.