Gen I and II - Can't inject Pokemon into Japanese Saves

LiuXuande

This may be the result of not having a plugin or doing something wrong, I'm not a pkhex pro by any stretch of the imagination, but I cannot inject Pokemon into Japanese Gen I or II games without the following error:

"Cannot convert a PK1 to PK1. Cannot load international PK1s to Japanese saves."

I searched online and didn't find anything, I tried looking at which version the Pokemon came from and tried to inject that way, but that didn't work either. Is there anything I can do at all to get this to work?

f.png

The encounter database currently does not work well with GB Japanese saves. The template->PKM logic creates data based on the save file language, but GB save files don't store the language. The template logic creates an international PKM because that's the current default, and international data cannot enter Japanese saves.

I'll revise the logic so that the next update will handle this better, but for now, try filtering the Version to only show encounters for Blue (JP).

On 7/25/2023 at 9:13 PM, Kaphotics said:

The encounter database currently does not work well with GB Japanese saves. The template->PKM logic creates data based on the save file language, but GB save files don't store the language. The template logic creates an international PKM because that's the current default, and international data cannot enter Japanese saves.

I'll revise the logic so that the next update will handle this better, but for now, try filtering the Version to only show encounters for Blue (JP).

Thanks! Switching to Blue (JP) Works for everything that can be caught in the wild for that game