How To Apply English Patch To Green Version On Cartridge?

PLAFiles

Hi. So, I found a "one-to-one" (as they're calling it) Green Version patch that basically translates the game to English. Info can be found here (not sure if linking this is allowed) - https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=492958. To patch the English Version of Green, you have to use the correct USA/EUR version of Blue with the SHA value of D7037C83E1AE5B39BDE3C30787637BA1D4C48CE2, which I did. I have my cart flasher, the correctly-patched .BPS English Green Version.gb file, and my original Japanese Green SAV file. Basically, I want to put my Japanese backup SAV on the translated English patch.

The problem I am running into is: It keeps saying the save file was destroyed (attached below) when I overwrite the fresh English SAV with the original Japanese one and load up the English version of the game. Can this be fixed? I also attached the SAV files. I assume it has to do with the language differences...

Destroyed.png

POKEMON GREEN_ENG.sav POKEMON GREEN_JAP.sav

Edited by PLAFiles

• 2 weeks later...

1. This "one-to-one" translation patch isn't actually a translation patch at all, its a hack of Pokemon Blue to make it LOOK and FEEL like Pocket Monsters Midori (Green).

2. Because the patch is applied to a Pokemon Blue (USA, Europe) ROM, your Japanese Pokemon Green file will NOT work with it.

3. Also, because this is a HACK and not a TRANSLATION patch, there is no possible way to even make them work. The data shift is far too different, plus being different regions, and all that.

As it stands, there is no ACTUAL English translation of Pokemon Green (Pocket Monsters Midori), as all existing translations are so poorly made, that they are about as useful as Vietnamese Pokemon Crystal.

At the end of the day, there is NOTHING anyone can do to help you with this. The data doesn't match, the "translation" is actually a hack of Blue, its literally not possible.