Pokémon Colosseum Emulator - Cannot change natures, EV’s of Espeon or Umbreon in PKHeX

coldfollow

Can’t edit Pokémon Colosseum starter Pokémon?

I am using PKHeX on my PC and all I want to do is change my starter Pokémon Espeon and Umbreon’s natures to Timid and Calm. For some reason, when I simply do that in PKHeX, it gives it the red triangle icon with the explanation point in the middle, and says it’s “illegal”…

I have no idea why just changing the nature would make it illegal. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix this issue?

1 hour ago, coldfollow said:

Can’t edit Pokémon Colosseum starter Pokémon?

I am using PKHeX on my PC and all I want to do is change my starter Pokémon Espeon and Umbreon’s natures to Timid and Calm. For some reason, when I simply do that in PKHeX, it gives it the red triangle icon with the explanation point in the middle, and says it’s “illegal”…

I have no idea why just changing the nature would make it illegal. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix this issue?

In Gen 3 in general, you can't just simply edit a pokemon's IVs, Nature, etc. as you please, you have to search for a proper PID that has what you want.

And in Colosseum specifically, Umbreon and Espeon's stats are generated together so can't really just get the desired Nature and IVs on both of them just like that.

I add that in Colosseum Umbreon and Espeon are generated together after the game generates your Trainer ID and Secret ID, so the Trainer ID, Secret ID, IVs, and PID should match the proper correlation for Colloseum random generation. This also applies to Pokemon XD's Eeveee starter.

Any other gen 3 Pokemon only has IVs and PID correlation (except those hatched from an egg) but Gamecube starters have also Trainer IDs correlation, so this is one of the few cases in which changing the ID of a non-Event Pokemon could make them illegal.