Batch editor Pokemon type selection?

observeroftime

Hi, is there a way to filter for pokemon types (eg. Grass, Flying, etc.) in the batch editor?

I am trying to batch edit all of my pokemon in BW/BW2/DPPt, and give the appropriate move/type-enhancing items to the proper pokemon. For example something like:

=PokemonType1=Grass (or the ID for the grass type)
.HeldItem=MeadowPlate (or the ID for the meadow plate)

Alternatively, something like

.HeldItem=$suggest

unfortunately doesn't work to suggest a sensible item which enhances the pokemon's moves. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do here in the batch editor? I really don't feel like giving items individually to 600+ pokemon in 7 different saves. Perhaps I just missed the field that concerns itself with the Pokemon type.

I originally thought there's the "Type1" and "Type2" field, but those just show a red Byte type with no value, no matter what pokemon I select, and don't seem to work for selecting types. Any ideas?

On 4/16/2023 at 12:32 PM, observeroftime said:

Hi, is there a way to filter for pokemon types (eg. Grass, Flying, etc.) in the batch editor?

I am trying to batch edit all of my pokemon in BW/BW2/DPPt, and give the appropriate move/type-enhancing items to the proper pokemon. For example something like:

=PokemonType1=Grass (or the ID for the grass type)
.HeldItem=MeadowPlate (or the ID for the meadow plate)

Alternatively, something like

.HeldItem=$suggest

unfortunately doesn't work to suggest a sensible item which enhances the pokemon's moves. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do here in the batch editor? I really don't feel like giving items individually to 600+ pokemon in 7 different saves. Perhaps I just missed the field that concerns itself with the Pokemon type.

I originally thought there's the "Type1" and "Type2" field, but those just show a red Byte type with no value, no matter what pokemon I select, and don't seem to work for selecting types. Any ideas?

Recent commits have added PersonalType1, PersonalType2 to accomplish what you are asking. Held Item you can specify the full localized name ("Meadow Plate" in this case -- not "MeadowPlate").

Suggesting held items is way too subjective.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Recent commits have added PersonalType1, PersonalType2 to accomplish what you are asking. Held Item you can specify the full localized name ("Meadow Plate" in this case -- not "MeadowPlate")

Cheers, I build from the latest commit on the master branch, and I can now see those options. Brilliant! It's worth noting that the PersonalType is a "custom" field, and the list for types is zero-indexed as follows:

0. Normal
1. Fighting
2. Flying
3. Poison
4. Ground
5. Rock
6. Bug
7. Ghost
8. Steel
9. Fire
10. Water
11. Grass
12. Electric
13. Psychic
14. Ice
15. Dragon
16. Dark
17. Fairy

Typing out the Pokemon type, eg.

=PersonalType1=Grass

or

=PersonalType1="Grass"

doesn't work. But that's okay, I got it to work by simply using the right number. If the filed accepts only an Int16 for the value, perhaps it should reflect this in the field type. Currently it also doesn't display the selected Pokemon's type. Is there something I'm missing here?

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Suggesting held items is way too subjective.

I figured as much, with the option to filter for types it's pretty redundant anyways. I have much better control selecting individual type combinations and held items anyways, it was just a thought.

Anyways, thank you so much for the help. I wouldn't have thought to check on GitHub for this very thing, haha!