Imported raids - 2 quick questions

Extricated

Hey all, just a couple of quick questions:

If I want to inject a previous Poké Portal event (e.g. Blissey Spotlight), how do I get rid of the event when I'm done with it? Does it automatically run out after X days or do I need to manually remove it from my save file? This seems to be partially answered in this thread but it does lead me onto my second question...

If I want to host said event online, is there anything I need to do? The thread above suggests that by going online in-game, I'll "automatically update to the latest Poke Portal News", but at the same time I've seen people mention in the past that they've managed to play injected raids online, so I'm not quite sure how that works - everything I can see suggests that I need to connect online, then save my game, then back up the save, but surely when I start the game back up it'll need to reconnect and therefore overwrite my injected raids?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Extricated

You can't host event raids online by injecting the event data into the save file. For transparency I have to say It's probably possible through BCAT injection, but it's not something we're interested in testing/developing, nor we encourage people to do so. Even if the event data we have in the gallery is legitimate (dumped from legit BCAT data), hosting it online outside its official period of distribution would be basicaly the same as hosting hacked/impossible raids. Doing so online can be dangerous to both hosts and guests. We do not intend to promote methods that defy intended game behaviour, especially if it's done online (with the risk of unaware people to join such hacked raids/worlds).

9 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

You can't host event raids online by injecting the event data into the save file. For transparency I have to say It's probably possible through BCAT injection, but it's not something we're interested in testing/developing, nor we encourage people to do so. Even if the event data we have in the gallery is legitimate (dumped from legit BCAT data), hosting it online outside its official period of distribution would be basicaly the same as hosting hacked/impossible raids. Doing so online can be dangerous to both hosts and guests. We do not intend to promote methods that defy intended game behaviour, especially if it's done online (with the risk of unaware people to join such hacked raids/worlds).

Understood, thank you! What are the implications of doing it locally? i.e. if I inject it to my save file (NOT via BCAT injection), stay offline, and then host a past event raid for a friend with an unmodded Switch?