looking through older saves found shiny in daycare? is it real?????

soupheaven

I was browsing through my save files today. I noticed a shiny in one of my older save files at the daycare w. pkhex. Can anyone help me confirm if its real or not? I know younger me had access to different tools but I can't seem to replicate it in any way.

I never got a gameshark code or cheat to ever work in my life on a emulator so I know it's not a cheat
The haunters values were not changed. I checked earlier saves

I would love if this was real. But I know the odds are seriously rare. I could see younger me wanting a shiny gastly but I named this save for preservation purposes. Not to scoop up a hex'd gastly. 

gastly shiny.png

hidden values.png

ditto location.png

gasty dvs.png

banked gyrados.png

Edited by soupheaven

34 minutes ago, soupheaven said:
I was browsing through my save files today. I noticed a shiny in one of my older save files at the daycare w. pkhex. Can anyone help me confirm if its real or not? I know younger me had access to different tools but I can't seem to replicate it in any way.

I never got a gameshark code or cheat to ever work in my life on a emulator so I know it's not a cheat
The haunters values were not changed. I checked earlier saves

I would love if this was real. But I know the odds are seriously rare. I could see younger me wanting a shiny gastly but I named this save for preservation purposes. Not to scoop up a hex'd gastly. 

gastly shiny.png

hidden values.png

ditto location.png

gasty dvs.png

banked gyrados.png

hack checks for Gen 1/2 are pretty minimal, especially when it comes to eggs, because there aren't much datapoints nor correlated stats. If you look at the stats of the Ditto and Haunter, it may be possible to determine via DV inheritance whether the Gastly is indeed real.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

hack checks for Gen 1/2 are pretty minimal, especially when it comes to eggs, because there aren't much datapoints nor correlated stats. If you look at the stats of the Ditto and Haunter, it may be possible to determine via DV inheritance whether the Gastly is indeed real.

Sure. I'm well aware of the statistical coincidences that can be calculated and the probabilities. It seems pretty close in comparison to my red Gyrados. Why can't I change the read only tab of the day care? Did older installations of PKHex allow daycare changes? It's the only thing puzzling me 

57 minutes ago, soupheaven said:

Sure. I'm well aware of the statistical coincidences that can be calculated and the probabilities. It seems pretty close in comparison to my red Gyrados. Why can't I change the read only tab of the day care? Did older installations of PKHex allow daycare changes? It's the only thing puzzling me 

make a duplicate of the save, then redeem the egg in-game.

• Like 1