Does the DNS exploit work on japanese cartridges?

Sceptile198

The exploit itself (nds-constraint) works. Then, if the servers you connect to are capable of distributing services to japanese games, you should ask to the server owner. Every server may have its own policies/contents/services.

The ones using the dwc server emulator should correctly have the preserved Japanese Mystery Gifts.

Do note that every server owner might have or not have some specific events/services. Some might also have custom/unofficial/illegal events.

If you're in doubt, I'd say try it and see. Or ask to the server community/owner.

23 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

The exploit itself (nds-constraint) works. Then, if the servers you connect to are capable of distributing services to japanese games, you should ask to the server owner. Every server may have its own policies/contents/services.

The ones using the dwc server emulator should correctly have the preserved Japanese Mystery Gifts.

Do note that every server owner might have or not have some specific events/services. Some might also have custom/unofficial/illegal events.

If you're in doubt, I'd say try it and see. Or ask to the server community/owner.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there's a list of all the servers that we could use for the dns exploit?

42 minutes ago, Sceptile198 said:

Do you know if there's a list of all the servers

Not that I know of :(

I used the Poké Classic Network in the past, iirc it should have the jap events.

If you have a linux machine available you can also easily host your own server. This repository has all what's needed to run Pokémon servers and contains all the events so far: https://github.com/Real96/dwc_network_server_emulator

• Relieved 1

2 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

Not that I know of :(

I used the Poké Classic Network in the past, iirc it should have the jap events.

If you have a linux machine available you can also easily host your own server. This repository has all what it needs to be run and contains all the events so far: https://github.com/Real96/dwc_network_server_emulator

You can use also a virtual machine in Windows to use it! 

Edited by Real.96
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...