nogba won't load sav file

Lazula

So, I converted using VBA, edited my file just fine, saved from my Pokesav, and now I try to upload my sav file into nogba and it won't even recognize the file as a sav file

Btw, I'm trying to do this for Pokemon Platinum. I did everything, EVERYTHING in the instructions. I've googled for two hours, searched and looked everywhere.

I'm at a loss.

I've included my hacked .sav file that I saved after editing in Pokesav.

Did I do something wrong? Argh...I've done it three times now...

<file removed due to file name>

Man, you're doing everything backwards...

First, NDS roms aren't meant to be played on VisualBoyAdvance.

Second, a Zelda Spirit Tracks save isn't compatible with Pokésav.

Woops, I uploaded the wrong file.

When I convert the file in VBA that's what it converts it to though. I thought that was correct since the instructions made no mention of any other form of conversion.

I got the instructions from here: http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba-discussion/88632-how-hack-your-pokemon-save-file-instructions.html#post1129550

I will re-upload the correct file.

Then why do you state in your first post that you converted it using VisualBoyAdvance?

So, I converted using VBA, edited my file just fine, saved from my Pokesav, and now I try to upload my sav file into nogba and it won't even recognize the file as a sav file

Btw, I'm trying to do this for Pokemon Platinum. I did everything, EVERYTHING in the instructions. I've googled for two hours, searched and looked everywhere.

I'm at a loss.

I've included my hacked .sav file that I saved after editing in Pokesav.

Did I do something wrong? Argh...I've done it three times now...

Because that's what THEY SAY TO DO!

>=\

Look at the link I posted in one of my replies and see for yourself what it is.

If I knew of any other way I wouldn't be here asking.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit annoyed but I'm confused as to why you're arguing with me about what I posted. >-< Its pretty clear and precise, I even posted a link so that you could see what I was talking about. I'm asking why its not working, but works for everyone else, and what I can do to fix it.

Look, I'll even post it again: http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba-discussion/88632-how-hack-your-pokemon-save-file-instructions.html#post1129550

Codemonkey: Its not like I wanted to convert it, and I don't understand why I'm being asked why I did it when its plainly obvious because they say to do it that way....If I knew of any other way I wouldn't be here...Look at the links I posted twice. Or did no one bother to look?

Anyhow, I will try as you suggested. :/ Hope it works, thank you for replying.

Btw, if I edit pokemon and I start with a team of 6 baby pokemon all at level 1 with level 1 base/initial stats and their start move sets, will they continue to grow and level up normally or will they forever remain at the level I set them as using the Pokesav?

Edit: It didn't work. It won't load the save, instead it goes back to starting the game over. I did exactly as said and it still doesn't work.

The only thing that is plain to me is that you are trying to do this conversion in the first place. "They" are not the only source of help or info for this stuff, you simply chose to follow the advice presented in that site (which, incidentally, I took a look at). Frankly, it seems like their solution is a bit convoluted.

Now, if you want my help, you can start by dropping the annoyed attitude. The only reason I posted was to give you advice that has worked for me and many others. I'm not sure why it's not working for you, so why don't you attach your original save file here so I can try to fix it myself?

If I thought that was the only source of information I wouldn't be posting this in this forum, and in several others (which have given no reply or very rude ones). I'm sorry if my being annoyed bothers you though. 😕

Do you need to know what it was I was trying to hack? Because I wasn't going for the lvl 100 all items and stuff... It was for something very specific.

This save file is of the very beginning of the game, which is where I wanted to start.

<file removed due to file name>

They say to convert it using the VBA battery converter.

In your first post, you only said you converted it using VBA.

Next time, be more precise when posting.

I was precise...I did what they said, and used the programs they provided links for. If I knew how to fix it, why it didn't work, or where to look to get the solution, why would I be asking for help? I'm not certain what part of that is not clear, and I also assumed everyone understood what it means, being that you're the only forum that had no idea what I was talking about.

Look, if no one wants to help just say so and I'll look somewhere else, its ok, really. If I could get some help, it would be very nice and I will wait however long it takes. :\ I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

I'm about to give up though since all I get are the same answers everywhere that 'no answer/help = we can't be bothered' or 'figure it out yourself' to my requests of help...So yes, I'm slightly annoyed at this point with people's attitudes. Sorry if that makes me rude but you'd be a bit irked too at this point. This isn't the only forum I'm posting in and I'm trying my best to ask for help, I really would like to know why this isn't working so that I can fix it myself if possible in the future if it happens again or if someone else has the same problem. Or at least know how to.

You weren't that precise...

I mean, come on!

You said you used VBA to convert the save, while the program they talk about is "VBA battery converter"

Ok, I'm sorry I wasn't super technical and absolutely perfect in my description that you couldn't be bothered to look at the link FIRST before replying that I provided to see what I was talking about.

I'm sorry for assuming you all knew what I was talking about.

Feel better?

Does it even matter?

And you wonder why I'm annoyed...

Edit: To be more precise, I posted the link twice.

Forget it, its ok, I've given up. :/ Sorry for the trouble.

Do you need to know what it was I was trying to hack? Because I wasn't going for the lvl 100 all items and stuff... It was for something very specific.

Yes, please tell me exactly what you wanted to do. I will look at this when I get home later... got caught up with school and other things over the weekend, which took longer than expected. :\

Also, I think everyone needs to seriously chill out here. I'm about ready to shut this thread down, and take it to PMs. Lazula, I am still trying to help you, so just relax.

• 11 months later...