Validating Legitimacy Best Practice?

Tifith

Hi I’m working on a game that will involve something similar to Pokemon, one thing I’m trying to do right is validation. I want the game to be competitive so I want to figure out a solution to validate legitimacy of creatures. Ideally I would like players to be able to play both off and online but I assume there are some pitfalls with data manipulation if I allow offline play… Is there an idea or best practice out there where I can generate some sort of SID or Hash value that would be difficult or impossible to deconstruct and edit? Is there any way I can do this without using an online only system for catching/breeding monsters?

I know some people on this forum are extraordinarily good at checking data on Pokemon, and detecting hacked Pokemon. I’m trying to avoid cheated/cloned monsters with my game and competitive will be primary focus so I’m willing to jump several hurdles to make sure my creature data is consistent, future-proof so there is no issue moving from generation to generation, and that there is validation to dissuade hacking the monster data. Any pointers would be great, when I started down this journey I really wanted to use the blockchain but I refuse to generate a scummy coin, I just want to store/validate the legitimacy of monsters, no play to earn bs. Blockchain has been poisoned though and is kinda insta-death for projects now so I’m looking for other options.