SaV PKHeX Trainer Info edit

PaladinMaximus

Hello,

I'm new to save editing and had a question about editing trainer info in Scarlet & Violet.  A little background:

I have a legit copy of both games on my OLED Switch, and a rom of both on my CFW Switch.  I use the same OT name on every game I play.  My plan is to "connect" legit Scarlet to CFW Violet (and vice-versa versions during additional playthroughs).  I have my TID/SID from both versions.  Using PKHeX can I edit CFW Violet trainer info TID/SID to match my legit Scarlet?  The theory is I could gen the 2 of 3 starters I wouldn't get, trade them over to the new game and have all 3 starters obeying me from beginning, but also be able to just straight swap any caught Pokemon between the 2 games.

Is this viable, or causes risks for ban?  I only ever go online with the legit copy, so there's only a trail from 1 game.  2nd part, could this create potential problems for version exclusives?  Or after SaV are HOME integrated.  i.e. Koraidon and Moraidon being linked to the same TID/SID.  I wasn't sure if TID/SID generation is connected to specific version.  I only ever use legit Pokemon, never any illegal.  This is mainly to ease my collector OCD, but also being able to play any "traded" Pokemon from the very beginning and have them obey as if I had caught them on the 1 game during future playthroughs on other accounts.

about ban hammer probability its close to 0 (doesnt mean you are 100% safe, but at least 99.9%)

about the pokes obeying you, most probably NO. i did some testing, and even if you change SID/TID it didnt recognize them as mine on Scarlet.

so i used auto-legallity mod, made a trainer folder on pkhex folder, saved a pokemon file (.pk9) on trainers folder, convert the pokemon i wanted to showdown format and used auto-legallity import to load the pokemon and it worked just fine.

The best way to check if it works its by placing a pokemon on your party and try to change the name on (S/V) if it allows it, means it yours, if not even with the same SID/TID/OT then there is something else we havent seen