PKHex Encounter Database Generation TID & SID Question

RagingMagikarp

Hello,

I'm trying to get a few Vanilluxe in Pokemon Sword/Shield that are originally from Black 2. I'm using the Encounter Database within PKHex to generate the Pokemon, but when I do, they are generated with my current Sword and Shield TID and TID. I have my TID and SID from my old Black 2 copy (the old save file is gone, but I have legit transferred Pokemon from that game so I know the TID and SID). When I change the Vanilluxe from the Encounter database to have my actual Black 2 TID and SID, I get a PID mismatch error. I solve this by using RNG Reporter to locate a valid PID and manually adding that to the Pokemon. The problem is this is a long process that has loads of room for error. Is there any possible way to add my Black 2 TID and SID in a setting somewhere so that PKHex automatically applies that Black 2 TID and SID to generated Pokemon when it populates the list? It would save a ton of time and hassle and eliminate a lot of opportunities for mistakes on the end-user side of things. I'm sure the setting/option is possible somewhere, I just have no clue how to get it to work.

Thanks to Kaphotics for creating such an amazing tool and also for all of his contributions to the Pokemon community!

Thank in advance to anyone who replies.

Edited by RagingMagikarp

The Encounter Database can use a "trainers" folder, which contains pk files from various trainers.

Create that folder, dump some pkm from various trainers, then reboot the program. Creating new pkm from encounter templates will then fetch appropriate trainer details (if available in the trdb).

(the trainer database approach is the best compromise, as it allows the user to whitelist certain trainer data instead of hungrily searching backups/data in the current save file).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

The Encounter Database can use a "trainers" folder, which contains pk files from various trainers.

Create that folder, dump some pkm from various trainers, then reboot the program. Creating new pkm from encounter templates will then fetch appropriate trainer details (if available in the trdb).

(the trainer database approach is the best compromise, as it allows the user to whitelist certain trainer data instead of hungrily searching backups/data in the current save file).

Thank you for getting back to me! I really appreciate it, as I know you must be super busy. I created the folder you mentioned and all seems to be working perfectly now. I was wondering what would happen if I added Pokemon from multiple different copies of the same version into this folder. For example, suppose I added a Pokemon from Ruby that I played years ago and a Pokemon from a different copy Ruby that I just recently played. Will the Encounter Database randomly grab data from one of these two samples? Will it only grab the data from the first one it finds? Will it get confused and fail to grab any data? I'd try it myself, but I'm afraid of breaking something and losing my sample Pokemon or corrupting them.

3 hours ago, RagingMagikarp said:

suppose I added a Pokemon from Ruby that I played years ago and a Pokemon from a different copy Ruby that I just recently played. Will the Encounter Database randomly grab data from one of these two samples? Will it only grab the data from the first one it finds? Will it get confused and fail to grab any data? I'd try it myself, but I'm afraid of breaking something and losing my sample Pokemon or corrupting them.

Picks a random one

On 7/6/2022 at 10:48 PM, Kaphotics said:

Picks a random one

Are there any other PKHex features I can unlock/access by creating new folders in my PKHex directory? I've already got a pokemondb, bak, and trainers folder. I've tried looking on Google but the search results aren't very relevant to my question.

30 minutes ago, RagingMagikarp said:

I've got plugins and trainers. I don't need sounds. I've never heard of mgdb or templates before. What's the difference between the pkmdb and the mgdb? What is templates used for?

I really appreciate your time and help. Thanks for your patience! :)

pkmdb stores pkm files for the PKM Database. Not too useful, as the pkm database scans backup save files, so no need to dump them from your saves.

mgdb stores mystery gift encounter data for the Mystery Gift database / encounter database / legality checking. If new events happen and PKHeX is not yet updated, adding files in can enable recognition until the next update.

Templates are default pkm files the program will auto-load whenever you load a save file, instead of creating an illegal fake legendary.