Help with pkhex and 3DS titles

Ayyem

I'm very familiar and efficient with using pkhex for gen 3-6, but I just decided to backup my 3ds sd card and tried to load one of my saves however I'm given the message "binary is not compatible with save file cureent sav file generation 8" 

I have saves for moon and AS on my sd card, however I'm only able to find one of these saves and I don't know which it is, can someone explain or link to something saying how to find saves for 3ds games?

Do I have to mod my system to be able to use pkhex with 3ds titles? Can anyone help me figure this out?

Screenshot (1).png

00000001.sav

@Kaphotics Is there a way to be able to use pkhex with my 3ds saves without having to mod my system? I only have one rn and really don't wanna mess up and brick it etc, just wanna pull up my alpha sapphire save in pkhex

forgot to mention I just dragged and copied everything as it was when I put the 3ds sd card in my computer, and that's how everything looks on the sd card

Edited by Ayyem
forgot info

1 hour ago, Ayyem said:

Is there a way to be able to use pkhex with my 3ds saves

No

1 hour ago, Ayyem said:

really don't wanna mess up and brick it

not really possible; custom firmware is easy. 

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

1 hour ago, Ayyem said:

I put the 3ds sd card in my computer

3DS stores files encrypted per the 3DS's encryption; without homebrew, you aren't going to be able to decrypt or use, hence needing homebrew.