Colosseum editing issue: unable to match encounter conditions to a possible rng frame

8 hours ago, Emvadraen said:

One thing to have in mind is that it won't always be just a simple "change PID/IVs" and done, some cases will need a bit more in order for them to be properly marked as legal.

In this case, Colo's starters are generated within the first 15~ish frames of a Seed, but also they're "paired up", so to have both with perfect natures/IVs you'll have to do some proper RNG manipulation.

Here would be your proper Umbreon/Espeon, with Umbreon having your desired IVs but Espeon not being as good, and I also had to change the TID/SID to match as well.

197 - UMBREON - 7B6FFE51A82A.ck3 196 - ESPEON - 266B215425C6.ck3

1 hour ago, Emvadraen said:

It is a bit tricky yeah but the basic ways I'd describe them would be:

Seed - Is the value that generates a lot of things, Trainer and Secret ID, encounters, stats, shininess and even stuff like NPC positions in some cases. For example, the Seed to get the Umbreon/Espeon I gave you is 8228F218

Frame - Is When you get the things generated from the Seed. For example, your Umbreon stats were generated on Frame 4, and Espeon's were on Frame 11.

I needed to change the TID/SID combo because that also needed to match in order for the Umbreon/Espeon to be marked as fully legal.

Now for the tools to use, RNG reporter is good, though I've mostly used PokeFinder since I found that to be better/easier for me to use. And in this specific case, I use a script to check Colosseum's starters.

Lastly, to be honest IVs don't really matter or come into play a lot if you're doing a casual playthrough, they're more prevalent on a Competitive setting so it's not like the game is unbeatable if you don't get max IVs.