PKHEX BDSP moveset glitch for transferred pokemon

Baby Hoopa

I found a glitch in pkhex that happens when trying to save a transferred pokemon as a pb8. When saving the pokemon as a pb8 any changes to it's moveset will not be remembered, even if those moves can be obtained on the pokemon in BDSP. Only changes to the moveset will not be saved, everything else will be. This glitch makes it impossible for any pokemon transferred to BDSP to have it's moveset changed using pkhex. I have a before and after screenshot of the pokemon's moveset, along with the pb8 of the pokemon I tested this with. Before is what the moveset looked like when I saved the pokemon as a pb8 (I altered the moveset while pkhex was set to BDSP) and after is what the moveset looked like after opening the file.

Before.png

After.png

Glitched bibarel.pb8

2 hours ago, Baby Hoopa said:

I found a glitch in pkhex that happens when trying to save a transferred pokemon as a pb8. When saving the pokemon as a pb8 any changes to it's moveset will not be remembered, even if those moves can be obtained on the pokemon in BDSP. Only changes to the moveset will not be saved, everything else will be. This glitch makes it impossible for any pokemon transferred to BDSP to have it's moveset changed using pkhex. I have a before and after screenshot of the pokemon's moveset, along with the pb8 of the pokemon I tested this with. Before is what the moveset looked like when I saved the pokemon as a pb8 (I altered the moveset while pkhex was set to BDSP) and after is what the moveset looked like after opening the file.

You're right that using PKHeX will cause a lose of information in this case, but that is due to move information from all games not being stored in the Pokémon data. Each move a Pokémon knows for which game is stored in Pokémon HOME's database and will modify the moves based on what information HOME has. So unless you do the transfer correctly there will always be a data loss since PKHeX is unable to know what moves the Pokémon use to know. So it isn't such much as a glitch and more so a side effect as to how Pokémon  transfer works between games.