3DS Ultra Sun - Changed devices and importing old save file

GioXmen

Hello! I've found myself in a situation where I need to change my 3DS console, and this happened in the middle of my PKMN Ultra Sun play-through. I had only made one checkpoint save, but was fortunately made nearly where I had last ended. (This is in-fact, the only copy of the save data I have)

Now the issue that I'm experiencing is that the game sees my save file as "corrupt", which I'm assuming is a built in protection measure. And there is also another issue of when I open trainer info on my original save "main-old" I get an error, so I'm unable to edit the trainer ID (its either this or the secure values that are triggering the flag/check in the game).

In short:

• Need to import "main-old" into current 3DS
  • "main-old" loads in pkhex okay, except for trainer info section under SAV tab.
  • Provided here is also "main-new", which is a newly generated save from a fresh start in the game (perhaps useful to extract the secret keys/ID?)

I'm totally new to Pokemon save editing, as I've stuck to vanilla gameplay, but in this situation I've come to ask for assistance if anyone could take a look at this? :) Thank you!

P.S: When I import my save with checkpoint, I make sure to change the file name back to simply "main" and have no other files present.

image.png.b377e33ec4f89abc468f134443ce97dd.png

main-new main-old

Edited by GioXmen

@theSLAYER It worked! I can't thank you enough! :) So far everything works, I can't possibly know if everything is alright just yet, but the basics + online functionality seem to be functioning well, so the game isn't suspicious of the swap.

Which values were off though? No need to list them, I'm just wondering what could have caused them to appear and which area they are in (story, pokemon, trainer data?), since I'm suspecting that my SD card may be on its last legs and corrupting stuff, this would definitely make me consider swapping it out.

Anyways, thank you so much for taking the time to help 🥳

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GioXmen said:

@theSLAYER It worked! I can't thank you enough! :) So far everything works, I can't possibly know if everything is alright just yet, but the basics + online functionality seem to be functioning well, so the game isn't suspicious of the swap.

Which values were off though? No need to list them, I'm just wondering what could have caused them to appear and which area they are in (story, pokemon, trainer data?), since I'm suspecting that my SD card may be on its last legs and corrupting stuff, this would definitely make me consider swapping it out.

Anyways, thank you so much for taking the time to help 🥳

The records related to what you've done (like how many you've caught, how many you've evolved, etc), the daycare, and the fusion mons were the most obvious entries.
So all I did was replace those from your main-new. Didn't even need to do anything else.

So your PC, Party, trainer data, story flags should all be the same.

Potentially your SD could be corrupt, since if you did a regular extraction and SD transfer, the save should normally be fine.

Glad to help, no worries.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the follow-up! Interesting indeed, I'll probably avoid playing too far in then and order a new card, perhaps it wasn't a great idea to go for a budget Samsung card, since I thought the 3DS didn't need that much speed/performance (though I've let go durability in this case...). Other saves from other games seem to be okay thankfully.

Another interesting tidbit - my PKMN Sun & Moon SP demo save is also corrupt, likely due to the same reason (no need to restore it, but I'll include it if anyone reads this thread wanting to examine it).  I'll see if my new checkpoint saves work when restored, perhaps its an issue with checkpoint itself

main

19 minutes ago, GioXmen said:

Thanks for the follow-up! Interesting indeed, I'll probably avoid playing too far in then and order a new card, perhaps it wasn't a great idea to go for a budget Samsung card, since I thought the 3DS didn't need that much speed/performance (though I've let go durability in this case...). Other saves from other games seem to be okay thankfully.

Another interesting tidbit - my PKMN Sun & Moon SP demo save is also corrupt, likely due to the same reason (no need to restore it, but I'll include it if anyone reads this thread wanting to examine it).  I'll see if my new checkpoint saves work when restored, perhaps its an issue with checkpoint itself

main 431.5 kB · 1 download

well PKHeX loads the save perfectly, but I suppose some other sector of the save that PKHeX doesn't validate causes the game to not want to read it.
Yeah, could be your SD crapping out :/

• Ditto 1